Apologies -- A Tourist Question

gobert94

Registered
Hello folks,

I appreciate this forum for BA expats, but from reading it there is so much knowledge that I take the liberty to ask a couple of tourist quetions around money:

- exchange all usd into peso at the beginning in BA? or can we expect a similar blue$ market in Salta?
- any recommended off the street exchange venue in Palermo / soho?

many thanks

in general (but not now) the dollar blue rate goes up with inflation. So the more you wait to exchange, the more money you ll have. But now the dollar blue is going down.

Hello folks,

I appreciate this forum for BA expats, but from reading it there is so much knowledge that I take the liberty to ask a couple of tourist quetions around money:

- exchange all usd into peso at the beginning in BA? or can we expect a similar blue$ market in Salta?
- any recommended off the street exchange venue in Palermo / soho?

many thanks

I think the blue market is lower in Salta as they can easily get dollars just over the border. There's still a blue market though.

Also maybe not as high in demand outside of BsAs (the rates in Bariloche last summer were worse, despite being 'tourist' season).
Still though, shouldn't be too much worse as long as you have 100s. I say wait, you never know and if the rate suddenly starts going up up up you'll kick yourself.
There is a cueva on Gurruchaga near Santa Fe (right side of the street if you are walking into Palermo Soho). Or is it on Borges? Anyway look for "COMPRO ORO" shops or otherwise just ask at your accommodation.

Back