Apostilla/apostille Certificado De Antecedentes Penales

ElCordobés

Registered
I don't believe this has been covered before. I just requested CERTIFICADO DIGITAL DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES from RNR Reincidencia in Córdoba.

We need it apostilled as it will be used with the Dutch Embassy.

We were instructed to:

1. Download the digital certificate (This should be ready tomorrow).

"Imprimir el certifcado de la pagina. www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar "

2. As I understand it. Write a handwritten note addressed to RNR (UER) with the request that they Apostille so it can be presented before foreign authorities.

"Realizar nota de puño y letra dirigida al Registro Nacional de Reincidencia (UER), solicitando la extensión del certificado para presentar antes las autoridades del exterior en Argentina para su Apostillado."

3. Send the printed certificate + photo copy of DNI + the note to the following address. Registro Nacional de Reincidencia (UER) - Tucumán 1353 CP 1050 - CABA

"Enviar el certificado impreso + fotocopia del DNI + nota a la siguiente dirección..."

Once sent it says call. BUT...it doesn't say how we get it back (do they need an envelope...do that send back free?). Do we pay a fee? No details.

In theory, we could have someone there do it as they just need to print the certificate. It's also not clear if they are the one's who are legalizing and getting apostilled...or if they are just preparing so it CAN be apostilled.

Update: RNR successfully processed. Now to get the Apostille.

Note: If you have had multiple IDs in Argentina. Show them and have them scan all to ensure your request is not rejected.

Last year I requested this. They only asked for my DNI. This would have been fine, but I had previously used a passport for this trámite and was in the system. It was rejected until I came in with a passport copy and the original for them to scan. Was not a big deal since it only took five minutes and I was in the area. But it can save some headaches if you're in a hurry or have to travel some distance to do it.

I explained this to the representative yesterday and ensured that she scanned everything. But she didn't want to. Strangely, she wanted to the the check for my wife as a US citizen rather than Argentine. She did the latter in the end.

Ok. RNR emailed more complete info. They will sign, seal and deliver the digital certificate to the return address at no charge via Correo Argentino. The delay is effectively the length of time that the mail takes round trip. They complete upon receipt (in theory).

Once we have it back, we can have Apostilled in Córdoba at the Colegio de Escribanos. I asked this explicitly to ensure the Apostille did need to occur in CABA, rather in the Province of Córdoba.

For you folks in BsAs, you should simply be able to get the signature/stamp on the spot and then Apostille locally. Not too bad. Actually easier (in theory) than the equivalent process for US Citizens and FBI background check.

Just in case someone finds this thread 5 years from now....

We sent it with Correo Argentino certified with a return prepaid envelope and instructions for RNR to use the prepaid envelope. We'll see how long it takes (and if they use it). Correo Argentino seems to hold our mail and deliver in batches...sometimes 2-3 weeks between deliveries. Hopefully this will expedite it.

And it's back. RNR did not use our envelope and still sent 2-day mail with Correo Argentino. They turned it around on the day that it arrived.

The certificate is stamped and signed. It states that it can be apostilled at the Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores. Comercio Internacional y Culto o Colegios de Escribanos.

I will take it to the local Colegio de Escribanos tomorrow.

Back