Application to enter Argentina for commercial reasons

Eggsnbacey

Registered
Hello,

I'm a British citizen and just prior to the pandemic was about to move to argentina and apply for residency.

I have a small software company and I'm looking to hire more people in Argentina for our creative media team. I'm 30 years old and will be able
to be vaccinated in June it looks like. (in the UK)

I'm looking to apply for permission to enter Argentina. Does anyone know a good lawyer or immigration consultant who is not too expensive for things like this?

Best,
Tom

Hi Tom! We would be happy to help you however it is not possible to make any travel plans to Argentina until the travel restrictions from UK are lifted. We have several clients stuck in the UK for the same reason. As a suggestion, I would start working to secure your UK Police Records with the Apostille as it is the first item that they will ask you when processing your residency. Take care

Thanks, I'm not currently in the UK. I'm in Colombia but I'm reading the latest articles and I think the border rules are getting tighter in argentina.

Yes, things are getting tighter, flights from Chile, Brazil, and Mexico are being suspended, I didn't see any mention of Colombia. Maybe going to an Avianca office and asking would shed some light, they won't transport you if you're not let in, because otherwise they get to transport you back again.

If you're able to apply for residency, I guess you have a contractual solution set up here, I don't know if that would be enough to get you in though.

While prior the Embassy in the US said there was the possibility for an exception for work visas, as early as last week they said they would no longer entertain exceptions for non-essential workers. Minimum you have a few months, I would suggest waiting on criminal history reports until things ease up.

Hi Tom, At the moment, travel to Argentina is only permitted for family reunification (spouse, common law spouse, son or father of Argentine), essential workers or special categories (athlete attending sporting competition, scientific professional (ie. COVID researchers etc.) or for Argentine permanent residents and citizens.

If, or when the borders open to foreigners, there "may" likely be a vaccine requirement and/or quarantine obligations, which if you are able to comply with, will allow you to apply for temporary residency once on Argentine soil.

Re your British criminal records check, please be aware that if you apply for it from Colombia and return to the UK BEFORE entering Argentina, you will have to get an updated one. Also, do not translate it in Colombia or Argentina, because it must be translated here in Argentina to be valid for use.

One last thing, if you have been in Colombia for more than six months, or anywhere else for extended periods of time within the past 3 years, you will be required to present a criminal background check from each country EVEN IF you were there with no official residency status as Argentina has caught up to the times and now checks entries and exits on all passport holders very carefully. This was not done very often in the past but is now becoming quite common. Hope this helps! Best of luck! Regards, Jennifer

My experience with Covid-19 is you have to work in advance in order that, as soon as the restriction is lift, you are ready to go.
Nowadays you can apply on line at the Immigration website scanning all the documents and uploading them.
Forget about a commercial visa, go for rentista.
You do not need a lawyer unless your case is rejected because the decree 70/2017 was recently abolished.

My experience with Covid-19 is you have to work in advance in order that, as soon as the restriction is lift, you are ready to go.
Nowadays you can apply on line at the Immigration website scanning all the documents and uploading them.
Forget about a commercial visa, go for rentista.
You do not need a lawyer unless your case is rejected because the decree 70/2017 was recently abolished.

Is it somehow now easier to get rentista visa?

Back