Application to enter Argentina for commercial reasons

Are you able to share any details of the school/subject you chose? I'm in a similar situation as yours, and the rentista visa seems too difficult. There's no guarantee you'll ever even get a temporary visa, plus setting up a trust seems onerous.

Obviously, schools, for the most part, are closed now and it doesn't seem like student visas are being issued readily, if at all, but I'm interested in this route as well. I'm looking for the same citizenship route as you, and while I can afford any/all of the rentista costs (including depositing a large 2-3 year sum in the bank if that was even an option), there appears to be too much uncertainty with that visa as a whole.

As an aside, great information here from everyone. It is appreciated
I know this (my post) does not answer your question, but it is still tasty food for thought!

A rentista visa is the equivalent of placing you volunteering to place your neck in the hangman's noose. At every possible opportunity - STAY AWAY FROM THIS as it provides AFIP with a very clear idea of a great part of your "EXTERIOR" financial condition. And the ARG GOVT. likes nothing better than to place their hand on your wallet. It's all about taxing you!

The "Pensionado" visa is a bit better in that, it's just about directing something like your social security payment to an Argentine bank without offering a whole lot more.

After a lot of thought and careful consideration, I have arrived at the following, and I don't say either part of it lightly:

#1) If a person has the means to reside in Argentina, because they simply want to be there and they are properly capitalized and or work remotely from anywhere as long as they are connected to the internet or freelancing in some way, then I offer this: Pick the two best 3 month periods a year that you care to be in the country and simply go somewhere else when you are waiting for the "clock to reset" for your next three month stay.

A place such as Uruguay would be ideal given it's proximity (Minimal travel cost) and cultural similarity to Buenos Aires. (It feels like an extension if you ask me.) But of course, you could make the non Argentine place wherever you have interest, but the closer the better in my view. (Chile if you like it could be good as well.)

If a person is a lot of years away from retirement age, this method could get old and if a person is close to retirement age it just might work? But either way, the tactic is valid for being in Argentina, not overstaying or breaking any laws, and most importantly, being complete on the right side of the law from an avoidance of Argentine taxation.

Now if a person is strongly attracted to being in Argentina, here is my number 2 point:

#2) If a person really wants to be in this country and they are free / un attached ... FALL IN LOVE (And I genuinely mean that!) with someone from there. It is the safest, easiest path to legitimacy / citizenship I can think of aside from being birthed there. I know this might sound wrong to some, but my view point is this: A person can fall in love with anyone, why not fall in love with the person who can make you the happiest and most secure. And if wanting to be in a country permanently is your objective, it seems to me that if the culture / geography attracts you that much, then make a very strong commitment to your desires and beliefs. BUT be FOREWARNED - Really know what you want, because you should not un do what you may do, another person's life / feeling would be involved.

I know this post is really out there, but it is a line of thought to consider.

Being the DNU 70/2017 abolished, the best way is to apply for citizenship straight where there is no question asked about taxes.

Back