Appointment w/ Migraciones cancelled because of strike today

greenglasses

Registered
Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I was considering going in person and also requested another turno but if this has ever happened to anyone, I'd love to hear your experience/advice. Thank you!

From current personal experience, even lawyers representing clients with relatively straightforward cases are having enormous trouble getting anything out of Migraciones (or even getting "in" to Migraciones for a turno, even just for simple precaria renewals). Migraciones are swamped by the Russians, which will come as no surprise to anyone out and about on the streets of Recoleta in recent weeks. Good luck though. I hope you solve your problem in time for May.

Migraciones is currently more dysfunctional than usual. Hard to believe, but yes.

I use a local attorney who is equally bewildered. As of Saturday, when my precaria expired, my status is that of being in the country illegally. Yet, she cannot renew the precaria online via Radex and told me not to worry about it. My documents are all clean, buttoned up and in good order. It's their problem, not mine.

A friend of a friend of a friend works at Migraciones and, with my expired DNI, will try, in my case, to determine the delay. If I learn anything of value I'll share it.

Migraciones is currently more dysfunctional than usual. Hard to believe, but yes.

I use a local attorney who is equally bewildered. As of Saturday, when my precaria expired, my status is that of being in the country illegally. Yet, she cannot renew the precaria online via Radex and told me not to worry about it. My documents are all clean, buttoned up and in good order. It's their problem, not mine.

A friend of a friend of a friend works at Migraciones and, with my expired DNI, will try, in my case, to determine the delay. If I learn anything of value I'll share it.
Thank you. I actually woke up with a cold yesterday and today so my plan is to rest up and go there next week. Everything I have is in order as well and hopefully with some rest I'll be able to stay calm and get answers. Good luck to you as well!

Thank you. I actually woke up with a cold yesterday and today so my plan is to rest up and go there next week. Everything I have is in order as well and hopefully with some rest I'll be able to stay calm and get answers. Good luck to you as well!
Just to set expectations, they are screening people for entry. If you don't have an appointment, they may not let you in.

I hope that things work out for you.

That happened to me back in September after the event of Cristina Kirchner, they sent me an email with a new appointment … but that was after I went in person (the following day) and they security guy did not allowed me to enter but after insiting because I had paid the express turno for about 25k pesos he let me enter and apply for the residencia

Back