April 2nd Monday

Gringoboy

Registered
This is an important day for many Argentines.
Anyone have any idea what the govt plans for Monday ie marches, speeches etc?
Just so that I can avoid them really.

I believe that June 10th is more important and that this is a huge mistake to make the 2nd of April a holliday.
Argentines really believe that the Malvinas are argentinas, we also believe that the war shouldn t happend. The only good thing about that was that the dictator has to quit and democracy arise with no conditions (the military planned to make a second Chile, where dictators are senators for ever, are untouchable and un prosecutabe, etc, etc, now they are dead or in Jail).
Regards

Ah! The most important thing happening is that the Finches are arriving.
Hold on to your hats, it's going to be a bumpy ride.:D

april 2 is also the internatioal day of autism, they will be lighting up the Obelisco de Buenos Aires, on april 1st, blue just for this occasion!!

come along wear something blue!!!

afiche0204_2012.png

walkingtwig said:
april 2 is also the internatioal day of autism, they will be lighting up the Obelisco de Buenos Aires, on april 1st,
Kristina is the poster child?

Just to put some balance, some other Argentines believe that Malvinas/Falklands is just a piece of land no one cares about and that the war was senseless and stupid.

Some other Argentines have a more global understanding of the world and think that the whole "Malvinas son Argentinas" thing is just childish propaganda.

nativexpat said:
Just to put some balance, some other Argentines believe that Malvinas/Falklands is just a piece of land no one cares about and that the war was senseless and stupid.

Some other Argentines have a more global understanding of the world and think that the whole "Malvinas son Argentinas" thing is just childish propaganda.

My Argentine partner would be in this group of "some other" Argentines.

My husband fits between the two groups. :p Las Malvinas are and should be Argentine, but that the war and the Malvinas calling cry are simply used for propaganda and distraction. :rolleyes: Plus he recognizes the right of the Kelpers to live there under the government they wish.

Back