Are food and drinks being adulterated to deal with the lockdowns and inflation?

Flying insect killers don't seem to work either. They can't be putting much of the lethal agent in each can. Those little flies in the bathroom just fly straight through the spray, and even seem to enjoy it being buffeted around. Half an hour later they haven't fallen to the floor. They are still there, like a drug dealer on a street corner, with that attitude.

Flying insect killers don't seem to work either. They can't be putting much of the lethal agent in each can. Those little flies in the bathroom just fly straight through the spray, and even seem to enjoy it being buffeted around. Half an hour later they haven't fallen to the floor. They are still there, like a drug dealer on a street corner, with that attitude.

Some pure bleach in the drain sewer (on the floor) will work better than the insect killers. I have the same problem in the house.

Those little H de P are crazy hard to kill. They are just tough and resilient to an unbelievable degree. But they can't possibly be immune to cholinesterase inhibitors. Nothing is. So you are probably right about the bug spray being adulterated.

The can says "odorless". There is a reason for that. It doesn't actually contain anything that would emit an odor. I guess that's one way to keep your product odorless and market it in a way that can't be challenged.

The rest of the world calls it "Bleach". Argentina calls it "Maximum Purity Bleach".

Interesting read about this subject confirming the earlier suspicions of some posters here.

Lavandina "maximum purity", yerba mate "renewed grinding", pancho bread "kneaded with milk", oil with "high oleic content". The creativity of Argentines to circumvent price agreements has no limits. While the Ministry of Commerce accuses a dozen leading companies for "generating shortages", the private response does not wait and in the gondolas the launches of new products are multiplying beyond the controls and therefore with price increases that go up to 25%.

The mechanism is not new
.Its antecedents must be traced back to the time of Guillermo Moreno , when the first "voluntary" price agreements began to be extended over time and the companies found in the launch of a new presentation the excuse to circumvent the freezes and try in this way , maintain your profitability levels.

This strategy also explains that, despite the virtual freeze that applies to most items in the basic food basket, food continues to lead the price increases . According to the Indec data between December and January, the item "food and beverages" accumulated a rise of 9.5% against 8.1% of the general inflation and different private consultants assure that the upward trend continued very strong in February. According to the survey by the consulting firm Ecolatina, the first fortnight of the month closed with an increase of 4.5% compared to the first fortnight of January, while in Seido they report monthly inflation hovering around 4% again, basically driven by the food.

"The first thing companies do when the controls are extended for a long time is to start delivering the merchandise that has the frozen price quoted. That in the best of cases. And, in the worst, it directly discontinues the product and in parallel launches a new one. The best example is that of oil. The agreements have just been renewed to freeze prices, but it is almost impossible to find the classic products, which were replaced by the blend oil , which is the old 100% sunflower with 10% soy ", explained to LA NACION the director of a supermarket chain.

This type of maneuver began to gain ground during the last months of 2020, but when the Secretary of Commerce announced last January that the Maximum Prices plan was going to be extended - which in fact works as a freeze for about 20,000 food items , drinks, cleaning and toilet - launches multiplied.

"The first week of February was a parade of new lists of products and launches, although in many cases they are just reaching the shelves now because the first thing supermarkets did is to liquidate the stocks they had in their distribution centers", They explained in another chain...

...Another inevitable consequence of price controls is the differentiation of the commercial offer of the different channels. Large supermarket chains have greater backs to stand up to suppliers when they want to present them with a price list with increases, which leads many companies to prioritize deliveries to smaller stores, such as Chinese supermarkets or neighborhood supermarkets. "Today, the leading brands of oils or mayonnaise that it is difficult to find in a Carrefour or in Coto you can find them without problems in the Chinese. Of course, the price is not that of Maximum Prices but 20% or 30% more expensive," they explained in the sector.

Some pure bleach in the drain sewer (on the floor) will work better than the insect killers. I have the same problem in the house.

This works very well! I just used the "lavandina común", and at first I felt bad about it, but then it occurred to me that it's meant for laundry, so it goes down the drain anyhow...

This works very well! I just used the "lavandina común", and at first I felt bad about it, but then it occurred to me that it's meant for laundry, so it goes down the drain anyhow...

Lavandina is also a secret ingredient in many Argentinian butcher shops.

Back