Are USD 2000 enough?

Nokas

Registered
Hi everyone! Is this salary enough for an expat to live in BA? I mean, to rent a flat in Palermo/Barrio Norte/Retiro, travel a bit and still have some coins left to eat a nice Argentine steak once in a while and pay for tango classes? Thanks. Ana

Ana,
US 2000 should be absolutely enough....
A furnished studio or 1 bedroom appartment in recoleta/palermo should set you back some Us500 to uS650, depending on characteristics, which is amongst the more expensive costs... with 600-800 dollars a month you should be ok for the rest of the costs...

I think 2,000 usd is enough but I think you will have to pay more than $500 dollars for an apartment. Rents have been rising so I think more like $750-800 is realistic for something decent. Even with $1,200 a month for all the rest you will be quite comfortable.

the question is what in lunfardo would be "don't count money in front of the poor". You won't be poor.

Yes, It´s more than most locals make. It´s a manager´s a mid-manager´s wage by local standards.
More than enough for a (single) expat lifestyle.

"Lee" said:
It all depends on your lifestyle. We pay $1700 US for monthly rent so it wouldn't be enough for us. We also eat out 2 times a day so we spend quite a bit more than $2000/month.
I spend 1k on rent and spend more then 1000 dollar a month. More like 1000 euro a month, or a bit more then 4000 peso

Ana 2000 dollars is enough to rent a flat in Palermo/Barrio Norte/Retiro, travel a bit and still have some coins left to eat a nice Argentine steak once in a while and pay for tango classes.
If you want to live In Puerto Madero, or rent a luxury appartment, or eat out twcie a day ...then it might be more...

Back