Arg Credit Card Stolen -- Responsible For Charges?

Sorry to hear about this Syngirl, but everytime you buy with your cc you must sign the coupons right? You don´t pay nothing and ask Visa to show you your own signature ( which obviously won´t be yours ! ) case closed. If needed call a caligrafo forense and get him to report it in written that it is not your signature. Do report it at the police station with the actual date and time it was stolen/lost. Enjoy the Holidays ;)

These guys usualy work with partners and accomplices. Some store clerks share the benefits or take a percentage of the operations. Therefore, they can swear they followed procedure and the correct ID was shown (when it wasn't)/
The guy who actually took the card might have sold it to a specialized gang almost immediately.

These guys usualy work with partners and accomplices. Some store clerks share the benefits or take a percentage of the operations. Therefore, they can swear they followed procedure and the correct ID was shown (when it wasn't)/
The guy who actually took the card might have sold it to a specialized gang almost immediately.

might be the case, but let Visa prove that it is her signature!

Have you contacted the Fraud Dept of the issuing bank?
As I indicated above, if this were happening in the US you would have a very small liability for the unauthorized usage. And you would not need to contact the police or file a police theft report. I am surprised a police report is necessary in AR. What does your own bank say? ( reiterate you should have contacted it).

I do not think you should pay for that, in my case for example I have a 72 hour insurance for lost or stolen credit card. So if the bank does not call me to inquire about purchasing that are suspect. I have a 72 hours to warn the lost and all purchases that were made at that time I should not pay.
I hope everything is fixed and does not disturb your peace of mind.

Happy Holidays!

Back