Argentina’s restaurants shine brightly (Micheline guide)

A google search tells me that the average Social Security pension is $1,767. A lot more than what Argentines receive. And I think many US citizens have private pensions, savings and paid off mortgages. But my point is not the standard of living in the US. My point is that foreigners talking about restaurants that charge super high prices, even in USD, (and that is what I was responding to -- not a USD $20 meal) and Michelin stars does indeed look noblesse oblige under the circumstances.
This is a forum for foreigners to talk to other foreigners. Who cares if some people on here want to talk about fancy restaurants? If going to places like that isn't for you then that's cool too, but I don't see why it would be an issue for others to discuss.

This is a forum for foreigners to talk to other foreigners. Who cares if some people on here want to talk about fancy restaurants? If going to places like that isn't for you then that's cool too, but I don't see why it would be an issue for others to discuss.Nobody is
Nobody is censoring you.

Have to say, the general quality of restaurants has improved a lot in Argentina (and maybe in Buenos Aires in particular). That’s very good.

Don’t get the comments about cost of these restaurants. If someone doesn’t like them just skip them. It’s not like you can‘t fidn cheaper restaurants. I’ve been to several of the Michelin restaurants (including Aramburu). I also go to much much cheaper local dives in the neighborhood in grew up in every time I visit.

this is the craziest thread i have ever read. again which resturants in which neighbors got ratings. i think the resturants in palermo has become a gastro destination. correct?

this is the craziest thread i have ever read. again which resturants in which neighbors got ratings. i think the resturants in palermo has become a gastro destination. correct?
19 of the restaurants recommended by Michelin were in Mendoza. Of the 52 in BA, some were in San Telmo, Villa Crespo, Colegiales, Recoleta, or Belgrano. But its true that a lot of them are in Palermo, ranging from Palermo Viejo to Hollywood.

19 of the restaurants recommended by Michelin were in Mendoza. Of the 52 in BA, some were in San Telmo, Villa Crespo, Colegiales, Recoleta, or Belgrano. But its true that a lot of them are in Palermo, ranging from Palermo Viejo to Hollywood.
Those were the two cities who payed the Michelin guide to start reviewing and rating their restaurants.You will not see Michelin rating any restaurants in other Argentina cities until they decide to pay.

this is true everywhere, and has been for a while. Michelin only reviews areas where somebody, usually the government tourist board, pays for them to do it.
https://viewfromthewing.com/shockin...-now-paid-for-by-the-local-tourism-authority/
Yes a practice Michelin started in recent years as they needed more revenue. The complaint of many top restaurants and chefs. It diminishes the importance of the Stars when comparing on a regional and wordwide stage. Still helpful when a local guide is all that is needed. The Original Post of this thread of the Michelin guide news is deceiving since it is titled “Argentina Resturants…” when that is not the complete truth.

Back