Argentina’s Senate approves transgender job quota law

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could care less what lifestyle a person selects for them self.

I only care about the best people occupying a position.
There is nothing wrong with wanting the best person for the job.
Given there are 40.000+ of these people in Argentina for 3.430 jobs, there is still a talent pool for you to choose the best :)
Regardless, you won't actually know how a person performs beyond their CV and interview until you give them a chance to perform... can't begin tell you how many times I have been let down by employees with a "prestigious" CV and a "perfect looking" image for the job at hand.

Frankly speaking, I suspect many of those who are desperate for inclusion and a chance at a better life, a real step change not just a "job", will perform better in the public service than many of the bored self-entitled heteronormals who presently work there. Many of them probably got their job as a political act or by virtue of just knowing the right person, yet we are prepared to accept that and the services levels they provide as just the way it is. How can anyone seriously think this will lead to a worse situation than today in Argentina's public service just because they are trans or part of a quota?

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with wanting the best person for the job.
Given there are 40.000+ of these people in Argentina, there is still a talent pool for you to choose the best :)
Regardless, you won't actually know how a person performs beyond their CV until you give them a chance to perform... can't begin tell you how many times I have been let down by employees with a "prestigious" CV and a "perfect looking" image for the job at hand.

Frankly speaking, I suspect many of those who are desperate for inclusion and a chance at a better life, a real step change not just a "job", will perform better in the public service than many of the bored self-entitled heteronormals who presently work there. Many of them probably got their job as a political act or by virtue of just knowing the right person, yet we are prepared to accept that and the services levels they provide as just the way it is. How can anyone seriously think this will lead to a worse situation than today in Argentina's public service just because they are trans or part of a quota?
Anti,

We do have common ground.

Like I stated in my first post, I feel the problem is making the process fair and equal to all.

How that could be done is beyond me, because I have no clue what the design and implementation of something with so many moving parts would look like or how it would take place. Having said that, I am for every single person who walks this earth to be EQUAL in all respects. I don't care what a person looks like, thinks, acts like, behaves like, believe in, what group they are from, what their orientation may be, what their gender is, it goes on and on and on.

As a people, a culture, a civilization and a species we need to evolve, to get better and to move ahead progressing as one. NOT DIFFERENT ONES.

So, I do think we want the same thing, please don't think I am against you, because I am not.

I wish us both well:)

There are approximately 200 countries on the planet. Not every country has same laws and same liberties. Neither it means, all 200 countries must have same laws and same social discrimination against a certain criteria of people.

Thank god, there are 200 countries on the planet.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including this guy.

The difference is that he shouldn't express his opinion in public due to the responsibility of his position (Leader of a country!) as he is charged with representing all of his country's citizens, not just the ones he approves of.

Entertainers, should entertain, not get involved in politics! Politicians should govern, not entertain!

It's only public sector jobs, which don't have the best workers anyway, so even if the quota was 1% golden retrievers in public sector jobs it wouldn't change the performance of the said department.

In a perfect world I agree with you Sencillamente Yo. People should be hired according to their abilities and nothing else. Not age, sex, sexual preference, skin melatonin levels, etc.

The issue is that transgender are so badly discriminated against that they won't get a job in most cases if they don't pass this law. Maybe it will help some people realize that transgender can do a job just as well as standard gender people...not sure of the terminology.

Hopefully they can rescind the law and celebrate 5 years from now that it is no longer needed and that trans been accepted into society without forced quotas.

It's only public sector jobs, which don't have the best workers anyway, so even if the quota was 1% golden retrievers in public sector jobs it wouldn't change the performance of the said department.

In a perfect world I agree with you Sencillamente Yo. People should be hired according to their abilities and nothing else. Not age, sex, sexual preference, skin melatonin levels, etc.

The issue is that transgender are so badly discriminated against that they won't get a job in most cases if they don't pass this law. Maybe it will help some people realize that transgender can do a job just as well as standard gender people...not sure of the terminology.

Hopefully they can rescind the law and celebrate 5 years from now that it is no longer needed and that trans been accepted into society without forced quotas.
Transgender are very badly discriminated against.

The bottom line is >>> That THEY ARE PEOPLE too. They think, they feel, they fear, they have dreams and goals, same as anyone else.

I believe every single person who lives and breathes should be able to do no more or less than anyone else. EVERYONE should have the chance / right to realize their potential in a discrimination free environment.

Having said that, there has to be a better way to make that idea become reality. We need to evolve and mature as a species.

I just think the recent legislation appeases the group without resolving the issue / problem.

Transgender are very badly discriminated against.

I just think the recent legislation appeases the group without resolving the issue / problem.

It does solve a major problem. That it helps them from resorting to prostitution and encourages them to study and be career minded like other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back