Argentina 1 X Trump 0

Camberiu:
" The Anachronic Face of Brazil " is the title of an editorial in today's La Nacion.With the exception of the very competent economy minister all the other cabinet members are 50 something male party stalwarts of Temer.This is understandable because he needs people he knows and can trust.Nonetheless why,for the 1st time since 1979 there are no women and no blacks.?
For a while there Brazil was looking like Latin America's "Rainbow Nation" ."And now ?".
Also,stating that international praise for Lula's and Dilma's Zero Hunger, "Mais Medicos" and Equal Opportunity for Universities Law, was made " by foreign academicans who mostly don't know jack shit about Brazil" is going a little too far.Not to mention a smidgen jingoistic.
We will now see if Temer the major architect in Dilma's impeachment is able to move as well in broad daylight as he is in the shadows.
For the sake of Brazil. a great nation and a great people,I sincerely hope so..Mais uma vez--O Brasil Pra Frente!

Camberiu:
" The Anachronic Face of Brazil " is the title of an editorial in today's La Nacion.With the exception of the very competent economy minister all the other cabinet members are 50 something male party stalwarts of Temer.

Who picted Temer as her vice-president, twice? I NEVER voted for Temer in my life. Do you know who did? Lula, Dilma and their supporters. So now that she is out, he is the face of the old, anachronistic Brazil. Indeed he is. And he was already, as her vice-president. This is her praising him, during her last presidential campaign. His anachronistic and corrupt origins did not seem to bother her and Lula back when he was useful for their power grab strategy.

Also,stating that international praise for Lula's and Dilma's Zero Hunger, "Mais Medicos" and Equal Opportunity for Universities Law, was made " by foreign academicans who mostly don't know jack shit about Brazil" is going a little too far.Not to mention a smidgen jingoistic.
Yeah, they used to praise Chavez and his populists social programs too. So did Noam Chomsky, Jimmy Carter, the European Commission and many more. How did that turn out?
These people know jack shit about Latin America.

Camberiu:
1) Even a novice observer of Brazil's political scene like myself was able to see that an alliance with Temer's party was necessary for the PT to be elected.The great majority of Brazilian politicians have corrupt origins.However,not Dilma herself..Almost wthout exception.they all politicians power grab.
2) The difference between the effectivity and ROI to the community at large of Lula's social programs and those of Chavez is night and day.The only one I will comment on here is Jimmy Carter who had the common geopolitical sense and courge to initiate an approachment with Cuba years before Obama made it a reality..When you speak about Brazil,I difer to you.However,when you begin to pontificate about people "knowing "jack shit"about the rest of Latin America" I strongly beg to differ.

Back