Argentina Credit Cards

Holden

Registered
I see that if you have a local Argentina credit card you can get a significant discount at supermarkets on certain days, etc. I was wondering what the chances are that I could get a local credit card without a DNI or anything? I want to save 20% on my groceries every Tuesday! :)

A lot of people use their bank debit cards for the discount. You might be able to get a savings account without a DNI, but you'll have to find the bank that will do it.

good luck ;)

We had to struggle to get an extra card on my wife's account for me - I have a DNI, but they didn't like that I only had a CDI. Anyhow, after an hour on the phone, we finally got it.

I'd agree that your best bet is the bank account and debit card route. I had a bank account without my DNI, but it was set up by my lawyer as I was preparing to get my DNI.

You might want to get the Club La Nacion Card too. That should be easier and they have some great savings. http://club.lanacion.com.ar/ All you need for that is a newspaper subscription. We get Saturday/Sunday/Tuesday.

I wasn't able to get a credit card from any bank before receiving my DNI. As previously mentioned, your best bet is to open an account at a local bank and use your debit card to take advantage of a lot of the great discounts out there. Santander Río has a ton of discounts for their debit card holders.

Back