Argentina economic outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSBC down 15 % in a day - a day after the AFJP news due to its exposure here.

Demoted from 'emerging' to 'frontier'.

That is a clear forecast - no need for opinion.

Fettucini said:
Here is quite a good article I read today about the clumsiness and pigheadedness of the Kirchners-
"Someone ought to talk to the Kirchners" - La Nacion

Good article, from one point of view it might be in expats interest for this pension plan to be approved in Congress. Where will they turn to next if this isn't approved? Maybe property owned by foreigners, after all expats could only protest, but they can't vote.

Argentinas Stock Market The Merval is one of the worlds smallest and has a small effect on the general economy here.
You cannot say the same about other societies that will have unemployment in the 20 percent range in the coming year. The bubble is bursting and this has originated from Wall Street who have compulsively gambled trillions of dollars of the little mans money and now as they are about to retire they will have nothing. Most pension funds are in great danger now and having it in private funds is absolutely no protection.

Stanexpat said:
Good article, from one point of view it might be in expats interest for this pension plan to be approved in Congress. Where will they turn to next if this isn't approved? Maybe property owned by foreigners, after all expats could only protest, but they can't vote.
I bet you'd love nothing more than for that to happen eh?!

Hehehehe Fettucini. I can just imagine if all our properties are confiscated and we are all deported . Stanexpat will be rubbing his hands in glee.

Talk about a resentful person:p

Fettucini said:
I bet you'd love nothing more than for that to happen eh?!

Don't know why you would think that, I still have friends that own apartments and houses and wouldn't want them to get hurt. But I think it's a legitimate question to raise after this weeks events. What would be next?

pericles said:
You cannot say the same about other societies that will have unemployment in the 20 percent range in the coming year.
Where are you refering to?

Thanks for sharing all the articles. I think those of us living here need to be prepared for another downfall. How is this going to affect Argentina's growth in technology firms?

Stanexpat said:
Where will they turn to next if this isn't approved? Maybe property owned by foreigners, after all expats could only protest, but they can't vote.

Or maybe the sky will fall or maybe Osama will blow us all up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back