Argentina in the Olympics

YOenBA

Registered
Has anyone been following Argentina in the Olympics? I was surprised to see they sent their first women's beach volleyball team this year. However, they did not advance to the finals.

The Argentine Men's Basketball team is doing pretty well though, ranked 2nd in their group right under the US. Any thoughts on how that might turn out?

I don't have any favorite athletes to watch, anyone have any suggestions?

I love to watch the Arg. men's basketball because I'm a big Manu Ginobili fan... He plays for the San Antonio Spurs and even though I'm from Houston, the Spurs are the best in Texas!

Argentina's womens' field hockey is known as one of the best, but they suffer from a major lack of support both from the public and financially. Does anyone know... Is there still not a women's field hockey league here??

Yep was great to see Jual "Delpo" Del Potro interviewed after his win of the bronze, really emotional the big guy. Deserved a medal after his marathon with federer.

I rate very high any achievement of Argentines (other than at major sports like football, basketball, etc) because of the personal sacrifice involved.

Have a look at Braian Toledo (has not taken part yet).

Also the story behind German Lauro is worth mentioning. He was 6th.

Amargo said:
I rate very high any achievement of Argentines (other than at major sports like football, basketball, etc) because of the personal sacrifice involved.

Have a look at Braian Toledo (has not taken part yet).

Also the story behind German Lauro is worth mentioning. He was 6th.

Its especially hard when they can't get the equipment in to train with because of crazy government policies.

lolol thats a good website, made me laugh a little but then started to read die-hard comments (from both sides) and it made me cring a lttle, some people need to get out more :/

Back