Argentina now ridiculously cheap for tourists

I had a broken water sprinkler line in my yard. To find and repair the leak, the gardener dug a four feet long trench, about 2 feet deep, and repaired the PVC pipe. Finally, covered again with the mud he dug. Work took about 5 hours, between going to buy the parts, etc. How much would that have cost in Buenos Aires? Here in California, it was $400 dollars. Can I import labor from Argentina?

I had a broken water sprinkler line in my yard. To find and repair the leak, the gardener dug a four feet long trench, about 2 feet deep, and repaired the PVC pipe. Finally, covered again with the mud he dug. Work took about 5 hours, between going to buy the parts, etc. How much would that have cost in Buenos Aires? Here in California, it was $400 dollars. Can I import labor from Argentina?
Would probably be cheaper but it would have taken him/her a week of coming and going from your home during your normal work hours to fix it. Stuff is cheap here but think about the cost of your time that you have to spend dealing with the repair people.... God forbid any service people come to your house with a truck full of the most commonly needed parts so they can be in and out in one trip.

Just to fix a leaky toilet comes with a 2 day ordeal.

Would probably be cheaper but it would have taken him/her a week of coming and going from your home during your normal work hours to fix it. Stuff is cheap here but think about the cost of your time that you have to spend dealing with the repair people.... God forbid any service people come to your house with a truck full of the most commonly needed parts so they can be in and out in one trip.

Just to fix a leaky toilet comes with a 2 day ordeal.
You are very right. In California, lots of trades are performed by Mexicans and I never cease to be amazed at how hard they work, and how good their work is.

5 hours? My gardener would charge much more than that. Here is the bill I got from a maid service yesterday, they spent 2-3 hours to clean an empty house of 1500sqt which is already clean, and sent me a bill of $500. Full of sh*t. If you are not careful, you will be screwed. It is a rental house, I just want the house to be cleaned again before my new tenants move in.

Attachments

• cleaning.jpg
    cleaning.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
5 hours? My gardener would charge much more than that. Here is the bill I got from a maid service yesterday, they spent 2-3 hours to clean an empty house of 1500sqt which is already clean, and sent me a bill of $500. Full of sh*t. If you are not careful, you will be screwed. It is a rental house, I just want the house to be cleaned again before my new tenants move in.
Ok. I won’t complain. Thank you for making me realize i got a great deal! And i thought California was expensive!

Ok. I won’t complain. Thank you for making me realize i got a great deal! And i thought California was expensive!
#####################
Sounds reasonable. If a plumber spends 5 hours in your house, expect to pay thousands. That's why everyone should retire abroad after you save your retirement. After retirement, there is no point to pay high property tax and high repair cost.

Back