Argentina orders Facebook to suspend WhatsApp data sharing

not to mention, way more secure

This part is questionable.
Telegram says it uses two types of encryption for content sent on its platform: cloud-based and end-to-end. Groups, channels, and one-to-one chats use its ‘cloud’ encryption while only Secret Chats between two individuals use end-to-end encryption.

Telegram is an open platform, though. The communication protocol is open, bot API is open and free, and it has a history of operating in countries that tried to ban it.

Sooner or later, in my humble opinion, the next upcopming app is Telegram. I love signal too but my vote is for Telegram. Telegram is more than equal to whatsapp, it's far superior in many ways for example the ability to totally erase 'sent' messages even days or weeks asfter sending (on the recipients devices as well), better emoticons, tons of features, the ability so send longer video and Audio files etc etc etc - did I mention , MORE INTUITIVE over all? There are too many features to list here. Disclaimer: I don't work for Telegram.
Agree

I'm already seeing more people in my contact list signed up for Telegram, not so many on Signal. Although I read that signal has better privacy.

Short term it would hurt Argentina, but people would adjust pretty quickly. Imagine all of Argentina using Telegram and then people that they have to communicate with outside the country would download it.

I'm already seeing more people in my contact list signed up for Telegram, not so many on Signal. Although I read that signal has better privacy.

Short term it would hurt Argentina, but people would adjust pretty quickly. Imagine all of Argentina using Telegram and then people that they have to communicate with outside the country would download it.
I saw the same with my contacts, a lot more signed up for Telegram than for Signal.

Back