Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

That's really my point. Air travel will only increase to Australia and New Zealand if and when there is a vaccine. I'm not as optimistic that it will be July next year. Indeed Helen Clark (appointed to head the international inquiry into WHO's handling of the virus) was reported yesterday as having said that a vaccine was at least two and a half years away.

Can`t go through whole the tread. Somebody please be so kind to summarize it, when will be international fights re-opened?

International flights are already re-opened with limitations. Only to certain locations, to residents and citizens. International flights for tourists may not be opened up until March 2021 or later.

International flights are already re-opened with limitations. Only to certain locations, to residents and citizens. International flights for tourists may not be opened up until March 2021 or later.
I see that flights from Madrid to BA in Sept are already available via Iberia. But what does that actually mean? Can only Argentinian citizens book them? Or are they open to EU nationals like myself too? Or do Iberia gladly take your money and leave it up to the individual to read up on the small print re the latest Covid entry requirements for Argentina? Surely, the well will run dry pretty quickly if they are only repatriation flights for Argentinian citizens.

If they are actually "open" flights, what happens when one arrives in Ezeiza? Quarantine in some designated hotel for 14 days or you are free to go about your business once you are off the plane?

It all seems completely up in the air at the moment (pardon the pun).

Thanks.

I see that flights from Madrid to BA in Sept are already available via Iberia. But what does that actually mean? Can only Argentinian citizens book them? Or are they open to EU nationals like myself too? Or do Iberia gladly take your money and leave it up to the individual to read up on the small print re the latest Covid entry requirements for Argentina? Surely, the well will run dry pretty quickly if they are only repatriation flights for Argentinian citizens.

If they are actually "open" flights, what happens when one arrives in Ezeiza? Quarantine in some designated hotel for 14 days or you are free to go about your business once you are off the plane?

It all seems completely up in the air at the moment (pardon the pun).

Thanks.
IB is already operating weekly flights to and from MAD however I think they are fully booked.
Yes IB can just take your money and leave you at the airport to watch your plane take off without you; it’s your responsibility to know and comply with entry requirements, like travel to anywhere on earth.
At this moment, you need to be an Argentine resident or citizen to come here. No announcements or even hints from the government that this will change any time soon.
At the moment a mandatory 14 day quarantine applies to ALL arrivals. You will need to prove you have suitable lodgings to self isolate for that entire time or you May be forced into a quarantine hotel (if a hotel, you may not leave the room under any circumstances.) Also note that at the moment normal hotels are not open in BAs or allowed to accept guests - and not sure they will be allowed to reopen for while yet.

Last edited:
I see that flights from Madrid to BA in Sept are already available via Iberia. But what does that actually mean?

It doesn't mean anything because it changes day by day. It would be prudent to wait until Argentina announces the reopening of its borders and the resumption of tourism before making plans. One the reason for the ban on ticket sales is that airlines were selling seats for flights they knew were almost certain to get canceled and taking months to refund the money.

Thanks antipodean/Renzi. So, I guess nothing can be done at the moment except watch this space...

I wonder if these flights are even viable for the like of Iberia and others? Surely, there is a very limited number of Argentinians who need to travel to/from Europe at this stage. One would think that the the repatriation efforts would have been completed by now...

I am leaving today for Madrid. Hope to be back in mid September, if things look good. I am hoping that they will come to their senses and let people in (at least from the EU) without a 14 quarantine as long as they have a negative Codiv-19 PCR certificate issued in past 48/72hs. This practice seems to be catching up in other countries.

I am leaving today for Madrid. Hope to be back in mid September, if things look good. I am hoping that they will come to their senses and let people in (at least from the EU) without a 14 quarantine as long as they have a negative Codiv-19 PCR certificate issued in past 48/72hs. This practice seems to be catching up in other countries.
Yep, I am also looking at sometime in Sept from Madrid if all is above board by then.

Back