Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

Thank you antipodean. I can see there is a similar flight on 26th of July at 15:00. I will track the flight on flightradar24.com to see how the flight will go. I will probably stay 6 hrs in transit in Sao Paulo. How is the airport there?Do you know if they are applying any good hygiene rules?
It is still somewhat functional. Lucky for you all international flights are going out of terminal 3 at the moment. Not sure if much is open but a lounge or two are still open in the evenings and maybe the transit hotel downstairs in airside departures. Wear a mask (and bring gloves Incase that is still a rule too)
Also you won’t be served a thing on the flight to GRU. Bring your own water and food. Even your onward flight may have very limited service.

Most importantly get your certificate to circulate before you go to the airport here in EZE Incase of traffic check points.

You can connect in Sao Paolo without issue. You cannot go out of the airport if you are not Brazilian. There will be some cafes and duty free open but not much. You will be screened once again in the airport after exiting the AR flight.

Yes it is true, on the AR flight the stewards will not even leave the front of the plane. Bring food and water with you. They will constantly remind you to practice social distancing while standing in the aisle although when you are seated you will be literally touching the person next to you.

Thk you Antipodean and Jblaze5779. I will bring with me food and drink, several face masks, gloves and a lot of sanitizers. I also forgot the certificate for circulation. You gave me good advices.
I will be travelling with my wife and baby. I may sound reckless but I cannot delay my travel anymore. The corona in Argentina may actually get worse or we might be hit by a second wave.

To fly starting in September
No penalties or fare differences: this is "Super flex", the new rate for Aerolineas Argentinas. With this, the airline allows travelers to make free date changes for flights that will resume in September and in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic....
....This announcement is made just a few days before the Hot Sale, the online sales campaign that will begin on July 27. For three consecutive days, Aerolíneas promises to offer promotions and installment payment plans for its domestic and international flights.

Genuine curiosity vis-à-vis the Aerolineas sale and other opportunities: I thought all ticket sales were forbidden until September by DNU. So: did I miss a relaxation of that rule? Of course I realise one can do anything online but I also realise that there are stringent checks on the way to and at the airport. What is the current state of play?

Genuine curiosity vis-à-vis the Aerolineas sale and other opportunities: I thought all ticket sales were forbidden until September by DNU. So: did I miss a relaxation of that rule? Of course I realise one can do anything online but I also realise that there are stringent checks on the way to and at the airport. What is the current state of play?
See previous posts:
By dsp27....We were stopped once for a permiso check -- I actually just did a 24hs "urgency" permiso online that I had on my phone in the cuidar app, and didn't even have to show my ticket at the check point. If you have a DNI you can do that, if not you would need to get a letter from your embassy and show the ticket if/when stopped.

By antipodean....Most importantly get your certificate to circulate before you go to the airport here in EZE In case of traffic check points.

Airlines have been allowed to sell tickets all along, just not for flight departing before 01SEP without special authorization to operate. There are a few flights authorized before this date.

Seems most foreign airlines however are not in a rush to return immediately in SEP...

The AR deals out are pretty good however - book a trip to Rio for $150 and if it needs to change it gets changed (maybe for dates during carnival heh heh)

So I have noticed that on EZEs website there has been a BA flight to london departing last thursday and today also. Is this a regular flight now? My flight was cancelled back in May and I still have the return open to book with them once everything is open again. I havent been in a rush to get back since they cancelled it as I can live with GF here but now it is getting to the time that I should head back. does anyone have any info on this??

So I have noticed that on EZEs website there has been a BA flight to london departing last thursday and today also. Is this a regular flight now? My flight was cancelled back in May and I still have the return open to book with them once everything is open again. I havent been in a rush to get back since they cancelled it as I can live with GF here but now it is getting to the time that I should head back. does anyone have any info on this??
If you see the terminal is "TCA" it is a cargo only flight.
I posted previously the approved passenger flights.
You could also consider flying back to the UK with Air France, Iberia or KLM perhaps who are operating approved passenger flights.

If you see the terminal is "TCA" it is a cargo only flight.
I posted previously the approved passenger flights.
You could also consider flying back to the UK with Air France, Iberia or KLM perhaps who are operating approved passenger flights.

Ahh ok thanks for the info. I will have a look for your post with the approved flights. I have been looking at the KLM flight as I saw it for less than $1000 the other day but I would rather use my BA flight that I already have and not waste money. I will have to see if the flights really do open in August but the ways thinngs are going it doesnt look that likely....

Back