Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

Have we had any updates on the approved flights for August/early September? Need to sort out a flight to Spain, is it likely the Aerolíneas argentinas ones will be taking off? What about the other airlines?

Last edited:
Have we had any updates on the approved flights for August/early September? Need to sort out a flight to Spain, is it likely the Aerolíneas argentinas ones will be taking off? What about the other airlines?
Flights to MAD are already approved and operating weekly. Doubt there will be any change to this. You can book Iberia or AR, otherwise KLM or Air France via AMS or CDG without too much risk.

So, with less than four weeks to go, there is still not any official news whether flights to Argentina will be open to non-nationals from Sep 1. The airlines must be getting pretty antsy at this stage...

The "aviation minister" already said they never said it would be Sept 1 for flights to resume. What they said was "tickets can go on sale". So they're already deflecting the blame for no flights on Sept 1.

I doubt flights will resume 9/1

The "aviation minister" already said they never said it would be Sept 1 for flights to resume. What they said was "tickets can go on sale". So they're already deflecting the blame for no flights on Sept 1.

Flights to some destinations may resume? However will you be allowed to enter your destination , what will be the quarantine there?? Will you survive the trip without Covid 19 infection ??

Until there is an announcement of a date, even if tentative, for reopening to international tourists, it's safe to assume that the current policy of allowing only specified flights will continue indefinitely. Chile will likely not be reopening until 2021, according to the director of SERNATUR. Peru and Colombia are also pushing back the dates to later in the year.

I want to throw my opinion at this:

7K infections yesterday / 100+ dead ... similar numbers on a population adjusted basis around the world ... no vaccine ... (YET!) No hotels, no restaurants, no transportation, no public gatherings ... Tourism is dead for now!

I simply can't see international's tourist travel occurring here. And when it does, the origin countries will be elected with care from who has it all under control.

This is going to be a very long process ... next year at best ...

Flights to some destinations may resume? However will you be allowed to enter your destination , what will be the quarantine there?? Will you survive the trip without Covid 19 infection ??
Mostly likely, at your destination, many restaurants, stores and attractions will be closed. If you are a tourist you'll have to learn to navigate the local health care system And its possible that you many not be able to return to Argentina, depending on the rules at that time.

Mostly likely, at your destination, many restaurants, stores and attractions will be closed. If you are a tourist you'll have to learn to navigate the local health care system And its possible that you many not be able to return to Argentina, depending on the rules at that time.
Bottom line:

Once things PARTIALLY RE OPEN ... You had better have family or friends to stay with / or a dependable place serving the public, a good command of the language with a high comfort level to navigate independently. Otherwise, people and places will be avoiding you like the plague. You;'ll be sleeping on a park bench starving to death, in need of a shower etc ... (All in jest / overemphasized to make a point.)

Seriously though ... the first ones to come as tourists will be more apt to provide for themselves and not need hand holding.

I ALWAYS prefer to go to places where I can speak the language. It's a difference maker.

The current policy of letting only residents/citizens in and requiring them to quarantine for 14 days is stupid. After 14 days you are free to resume with your life if you have no symptoms. No one tests you. We now know that as much as 50-60% of infected people are asymptomatic. So if you got the virus a few days before you arrive in Argentina and showed no symptoms, chances are you will still be contagious AFTER your quarantine. Places like Australia and NZ where the current policy is "eradication" of the virus, both quarantine and TEST before letting you go.

In the case of AR (where the only viable option is virus contagion not eradication) a much sounder policy would be to allow all flights and tourists and left the demand dictate the frequency and capacity. Require tourist to present a negative PCR test within 72 hours of traveling to AR and a valid health insurance for the duration of the trip. It's so simple and in my mind a more effective way to minimize chance of spreading Covid-19 AND open up the country.

Back