Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

I have a close family member who is CPB supervisor at a major US airport. The things some US citizens try to get away with would amaze you.
Hi Renzi!

We can only imagine. If you ever care to share some of the stories, I am sure the board would enjoy them very much. (They also may be confidential, so that would be understood as well.)

Have a great day ::)

Would suggest going through Santiago then. Might not be a bad idea to just quarantine yourself for 14 days after flying if you have the means to as matter of precaution regardless of the route.

I never said Sao Paulo is an option for those flying out to the US. I don't even see why would anyone connect via SP or Santiago on route to the US. There are plenty of scheduled weekly "special" flights to Miami and some to NYC on Aerolinea or American. I still find it strange people say that they are not able to leave. If one wants to leave (and they live in GBA or CABA) it's quite easy, plenty of seats and not too high prices. I left in July on AR to Madrid. No questions asked. Same story on Iberia. It's certainly more challenging to travel these days but for those that need/want to/ it's possible with some planning.

Sao Paulo is a good connection hub for those traveling regionally. Say from Peru to BUE as there are no direct flights currently as far as I know. It's also a decent option for some destinations in Europe and Asia.

Covidcontrols is a new interactive travel map for travelers in the age of covid.

Covid Controls tracks travel restrictions and Covid-19 data from around the world to provide “everything a foreign visitor needs to know” before traveling.

Information is presented in color-coded maps, and countries can be clicked or searched by name to determine which places are allowing tourists (and which are banning them), whether airports are open, and whether documentation and medical testing are required to enter.

Lockdown details, if any, are also provided, allowing travelers to check whether curfews are in effect and if restaurants, bars, shops and tourist attractions are open — with or without restrictions.

The Covid-19 data is particularly helpful to understand the extent of a country’s current outbreak. Travelers can review new daily cases, the number of people presently sick, containment statistics and outbreak trends.

“It shows where the curve is flattening, growing or declining,” he said.

Data can be found for each of the 50 states of the United States, Canada’s 13 provinces and territories, Russia’s eight federal districts, and Australia’s six states plus two major territories.

At the bottom of each destination page, a list of sources is available, followed by links to recent media coverage of the area. For example, you can see that while the Dominican Republic is open to tourists, the Miami Herald reported that hospitals there reached capacity with Covid-19 patients about two weeks ago, which may affect your decision to travel there

The website added a new feature this week. Users can now indicate where they live (or have recently traveled) to see which countries they can visit.

This way you’ll be able to visualize, for example as an American resident, exactly which countries you are allowed, allowed with restrictions, or completely prohibited.

The designation of some countries as “partially allowed” is based on how welcoming the government is to tourists. Factors for that determination include: the number of entry points, limits on tourist activities (such as closed regions or attractions) and quarantine and entrance requirements (such as medical tests, tracing apps, insurance or other documents).

Some U.S. states and the U.K. do not report recoveries. The team now uses a methodology to estimate that data; if a case is not marked as a death or hospitalization after six weeks, they assume it to be a recovered case. Those assumptions will be clearly marked as estimates.

Covid Controls tracks over 500 official sources, including the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, various tourism boards, official foreign travel advisories and local news agencies. It’s updated daily, and information is curated both algorithmically and manually.
Medical data comes from the World Health Organization, The Covid Tracking Project (a volunteer organization launched from The Atlantic) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Last edited:

Yes, this is old news. The airport is closed for "reforma" as well. I am surprised they mention 1 December. I had heard 'end of the year'. But who knows. All flights at least until the end of the year will go thru Ezeiza. Domestic (once they resume) and International.

You
My ass will never be the same. Most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on.. Completely full, no social distancing at all lol. Aerolineas EZE-MAD. Whoever approves the seats and spacing should be shot or forced to sit in it themselves for 12 hours straight.
I was on that flight! Obviously they’re going to be full, and surely it wasn’t any less or more comfortable than economy with any other airline. I fly eze to Europe frequently. Never arrived at Madrid terminal 1 before though.

Whoever questioned whether you can get a PCR test done in a private clinic in Argentina within 48 hours. Centralab do and I got my result back the next day.

Air Europa (UX) announced today they will not be coming back to Argentina in SEP.
"Special flights" continue to be the only option through SEP and according to ministry of health and transport sources, indicate this will continue until at least NOV-ish. Additional frequencies were requested by some airlines to increase activity of their existing "special flights" in SEP, but all were denied. Not sure about IB and any additional MAD frequencies.
Despite last week announcing they would not be back, today UX are announcing the following flights in SEP have been approved:

UX0341MadridBuenos AiresVuelo el 05 de septiembre01:00h.08:40h.
UX0341MadridBuenos AiresVuelos el 12, 19 y 26 de septiembre01:55h.09:40h.
UX0342Buenos AiresMadridVuelos el 06, 13, 20 y 27 de septiembre20:15h.13:10h.

Back