Argentina Reciprocity Fee - Print Out Prior Ones?

airiq

Registered
I paid my reciprocity fee when coming to Argentina about 1.5 years ago.

Since then, that passport has expired, and I have a new one. When I travel into Argentina, I have to carry my old passport, as well as my new one.

I had asked the customs agent, the first time I came through with both of them, if I could simply rip out the page from my old passport and staple to my new one, but he said, no, that the page must be originally secured to a passport to be valid. (???)

Anyway, anyone happen to know if it's possible to print out verification of the paid fee that was purchased 1.5 years ago? Checked the site, but appears to only let you print out a newly paid one.

Thanks!

Of course a passport may not be altered in any way. Including torn put pages. It would seem perfectly logical that you would be able to take your new and old passports to Immigration , ask them to print a new visa for your current passport.

Of course , this is Argentina , and my whole idea went out the window with the word" logical."

I passed through customs last week and informed them that I had paid 2 years ago and had a new passport since then. The agent took my passport and returned in a couple of minutes with a photocopy of the original paper that was on file, stapled it to my new passport and I was through in no time. It's good for 10 years and you only have to pay once.
Make sure you let them know that this is not the first time you will be in the country.
It probably wouldn't hurt to bring your old passport in case you happen to get an agent that is not so helpful as the one I had.

Of course a passport may not be altered in any way. Including torn put pages. It would seem perfectly logical that you would be able to take your new and old passports to Immigration , ask them to print a new visa for your current passport.

Of course , this is Argentina , and my whole idea went out the window with the word "logical."
I was giving advice to a girl who is coming from the States in January with her mother.

1) She asked if she should go ahead and pay for the visa in advance before arriving so that it would make things easier.
2) I told her NO. Don't do it, because the line for paying for a for a 10-year visa actually goes faster than the immigration line for people who DON'T need to pay for one.

Then I told her: "I know that this makes absolutely no sense, but trust me. I know what I'm talking about."

She'll save time on both ends. (1) Before her flight & (2) After she's landed

I was giving advice to a girl who is coming from the States in January with her mother.

1) She asked if she should go ahead and pay for the visa in advance before arriving so that it would make things easier.
2) I told her NO. Don't do it, because the line for paying for a for a 10-year visa actually goes faster than the immigration line for people who DON'T need to pay for one.

Then I told her: "I know that this makes absolutely no sense, but trust me. I know what I'm talking about."

She'll save time on both ends. (1) Before her flight & (2) After she's landed

I believe after December, you must pay for it ahead of time, online, before arriving.

http://www.discoverbuenosaires.com/argentina-entrance-fee-visa-pre-paid

Back