Argentina Teaches 5 Lessons of Happiness

I thought it was a lovely post. Thank you soulskier, wish you the best for the future.

Amargo said:
...or how to turn a lovely thread about the nice things Argentina has to offer in yet another expat whingeing thread. It took only two posts.

Your post is so ironic to me, considering your username.

soulskier said:
Here's a blog post my better half did on 5 lessons of happiness learned during our lives in this crazy country.

I thought some of you might appreciate it, thanks for reading.

Thanks for this beautiful post. I specially like point 4, worth posting here in its entirety.

"4. On that note, spending time with family. It is absolutely amazing and impressive to me the love that is outwardly shown amongst families here. I know it is a Latin thing, and the Chileans represented the same mind-set when we were in Chile recently, but I find the exchange of caring so heart-warming. Elderly grandparents walking arm in arm with their teenage grandchild. A rebellious looking adolescent holding the hand and chatting with his younger sister. A father offering a warm, loving embrace to his son in public and the kid accepting it happily. All of these are common place here. A beautiful aspect to this culture, indeed."4. On that note, spending time with family. It is absolutely amazing and impressive to me the love that is outwardly shown amongst families here."

Sometimes when waiting in line at the bank I'll see someone in his eighties being helped do a transaction by a teenager, obviously a grandchild. The love and patience shown here between people of different generations is heartwarming.

Back