Anyone know of an institute that teaches Processing?

nicoenarg

Registered
Hey,

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with the programming language Processing. I am looking for an institute that teaches Processing from an artistic point of view. Beginner to Advanced if possible.

:D

nyer4ever said:
Me too! I've tried to do the tutorials, but really hit a brick wall.

For such an amazing language (EDIT: Okay, I know some don't consider Processing a language on its own seeing that its based on Java. But you know...), I think the available tutorials are kind of pathetic. I don't know if you've tried http://funprogramming.org/. The guy's got decent video tutorials there.

It is also difficult to google for Processing because the name, in my opinion, sucks when you want to search for things related to it on the internet (a lot of the results I get are for "photo processing with photoshop").

Anyway, my university requires me to learn it and being that its a distance learning course, I need to do a lot on my own. I am finding Processing a little difficult to learn on my own.

nicoenarg said:
It is also difficult to google for Processing because the name, in my opinion, sucks when you want to search for things related to it on the internet (a lot of the results I get are for "photo processing with photoshop").

The symbols +, -, and "" will be of much use to you. Try searching for:

processing tutorial -photoshop

A quick test revealed that the first 20 results were specific to the language "Processing."

It's basically Java with a simplified classpath and an alternate library. So if you're having trouble wrapping your head around the basic construction of formats, you could do some Java tutorials first. If you're new to computer science, you might want to start with another language (Python) and then move on to Processing, to make sure you build up good habits in the first place. Depends on your level of commitment.

Back