Argentina: The Country That Monsanto Poisened

GMOs played a HUGE role on this.

C0NSXNuXAAIpUgN.jpg

Camberiu:
Thanks for an interesting and informative post.
How many times must we go over this same topic? The GMO problem in Argentina is one of non application of national STANDARDS and INFORCEMENT.
If you read all of the post from the Denver Post made by Kre8ivelyX posted last year at the very end," The result is a hodgepodge of WIDELY IGNORED REGULATIONS that leave people dangerously exposed.This is EXACTLY what happened.
Hecha la ley,hecha la trampa-----there's a way around any law-------Where do you think you are living? In the US,Canada or Germany?
Kristina ,moreover, didn't move against these misapplications because Monsanto was a primary taxpayer to her modelo and relato.
When will you wake up and smell the coffee? or maybe you just like to live in a leftist deam world.

During my daily sojourns to the countryside I've noticed that crop spraying from the air has totally disappeared over the last couple of years.

UK Man
That was most likely because the free lance air companies who do this are really watching their "ps and qs".
It isn't because I believe that Monsanto isn't a profit hungry multinational,it is.
However,what happened in the Chaco was due to non -application of standards and law enforcement.
A civil rights lawyer,a former client of mine,had to defend a pilot who became very ill due to an illegal mixture of Monsanto insecticides
and being instructed to spray to close to a populated area.
The international left refuses to acknowledge this documented fact and continues to lambast Monsanto which has been recently purchased by Bayer.
Let's see what Bayer can due about this new headache.

Story at-a-glance​

• “Genetically Modified Children” film exposes how Philip Morris and Monsanto have exploited impoverished farmers since 1966, when the Argentinian government authorized the use of GMO crops to withstand Monsanto’s Roundup weedkiller
  • Tobacco farmers in Argentina are forced to use a multitude of dangerous agrochemicals in order to grow a crop that’s certifiable by U.S. tobacco company Philip Morris
  • An increasing number of children are being born with severe birth defects and deformities in Argentina
  • The film interviews Dr. Hugo Gomez Demaio and Dr. Mario Barrera, who are dedicated to highlighting and treating the link between agrochemicals and birth defects
  • The film features anti-agrochemical activist Sofia Gatica, who is renowned for her work in tracking abnormal rates of cancer, kidney disease and other ailments linked to aerial spraying of glyphosate on GMO soy crops

Story at-a-glance​

• “Genetically Modified Children” film exposes how Philip Morris and Monsanto have exploited impoverished farmers since 1966, when the Argentinian government authorized the use of GMO crops to withstand Monsanto’s Roundup weedkiller
  • Tobacco farmers in Argentina are forced to use a multitude of dangerous agrochemicals in order to grow a crop that’s certifiable by U.S. tobacco company Philip Morris
  • An increasing number of children are being born with severe birth defects and deformities in Argentina
  • The film interviews Dr. Hugo Gomez Demaio and Dr. Mario Barrera, who are dedicated to highlighting and treating the link between agrochemicals and birth defects
  • The film features anti-agrochemical activist Sofia Gatica, who is renowned for her work in tracking abnormal rates of cancer, kidney disease and other ailments linked to aerial spraying of glyphosate on GMO soy crops

Typo maybe? According to my research, the first GMO wasn't created until 1973, seven years after the date you cite.
I suspect you meant 1996, given that Menem did all sorts of really messed-up things in the 90's which haunt Argentina to this day. Basically he was one of the worst vendepatria cipayos that ever existed.

In a study by Argentine researchers, glyphosate was found to injure rat brain and liver cells. Glyphosate was more toxic in combination with the fungicide zineb and the systemic insecticide dimethoate than on its own. These three chemicals are often used in combination in Argentina.

I eat organic food.

In a study by Argentine researchers, glyphosate was found to injure rat brain and liver cells.
Title: Neonatal exposure to a glyphosate based herbicide alters the development of the rat uterus

Uterus, you see. Not brains - uterus.

I understand it is must be difficult for Anti-GMO people to find any supportive evidence, because evil corporations evidently hide it from mere mortals, but could you at least read the freaking title?

I eat organic food.
Good for you. And poor newborn rats on roundup-treated fields!

Back