Country Wide Strike..?

Rich One

Registered
Massive Paro all over the country, tomorrow another day, more of the same..?

Plenty of colectivos running around the streets where I live.

The Transport strike starts at 7PM.

Anti-Milei strike in Argentina leads to mass flight cancellations​

State airline Aerolíneas Argentinas forced to cancel more than 260 flights due to CGT’s anti-Milei walkout; Low-cost carriers JetSmart cancels all business for the day, while FlyBondi moves operations to Ezeiza; More than 20,000 travellers affected.

To the people who posted here and on other forums fearmongering about "Oh, all the businesses and restaurants are going to be closed for the strike."

Um....no. As of 4 p.m., every business and restaurant in my neighborhood of Monserrat is open, business as usual. In fact, the restaurants, grocery stores and kioscos are full of protesters eating lunch and buying bottled water and spending money. I see no reason why my neighborhood would be an exception.

Do me a big favor. If you don't know WTF you're talking about, don't post here. I won't call anyone out, but you know who you are.

I have to say, the fiambre I bought just in case is very good.

Do me a big favor. If you don't know WTF you're talking about, don't post here. I won't call anyone out, but you know who you are.
You know, the trick is to know what will happen beforehand, not after it has happened. If you actually had yourself the ability to see the future, then a bit of fearmongering wouldn't bother you.

To the people who posted here and on other forums fearmongering about "Oh, all the businesses and restaurants are going to be closed for the strike."

Um....no. As of 4 p.m., every business and restaurant in my neighborhood of Monserrat is open, business as usual. In fact, the restaurants, grocery stores and kioscos are full of protesters eating lunch and buying bottled water and spending money. I see no reason why my neighborhood would be an exception.

I haven't posted anything about the strike until now. But I can tell you that in the 20 years I've been here, I've seen a number of days like this go bad and businesses rushing to close up as fast as they could. Really ugly days.

I think your post is uncalled for, and I hope you never have the misfortune to run into trouble on a day like this.

Were you here on this day?
La imagen más polémica de los disturbios en Argentina

Where I am in Moreno right now, a number of the type of businesses you mention, did not open. You might not want to generalize, unless you are sure.

Screwed me over trying to buy a fan for the Argentinian summer heat, hope shops open again tomorrow afternoon

Back