Argentina: the most beautiful country in the world (webdoc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino

Registered
Franco-german channel Arte has a long tradition of producing quality documentaries and today released the trailer for its latest webdoc called "Argentina: the most beautiful country in the world". The title is quite ironic because the film seems to be mainly about the crisis and how poor Argentinians have coped with it.

As it is a "webdoc" you can expect a good interactive website like they did for Prison Valley (there's even an iphone app), a film about the prison industry in the U.S (not seen yet but it was praised as one of the major documentary of the year in Europe).

It should be a good watch. Not sure if you'll be able to see it from Argentina but as French jurist was putting it in a previous thread, Arte will be available on youtube in a couple of months.

So what is this?...A documentary of Argentina's recent misery past?...So the Europeans will feel good now that the crisis is knocking on their doors...

Always is nice to watch poor people and countries who are worse in the social and economic scale than ours, isn't it?...We are gratified to know in our subconscious mind and spirit that by just watching someone else's misery in the comfort of our air conditioned lounge room sipping scotch from a glass is giving us reassurance of the lucky we are to know that we still far away from that kind of situation and still much better than those poor bastards down there at the bottom of the world.

I didn't watch the full documentary yet but as soon it's available I will, I hope and I really hope that I'm wrong about all this and the opposite is the truth but by watching that little trailer I'm pretty sure I'm not.

BTW Who the hell is this David Gormezano apart of be of Jewish extraction and living for five years in Argentina (2003-2008)? Who pays him off to do this kind of rubbish..

I have read that the manufactured Argentine crisis of the year 2000 was a sociological experiment to see the effects of a rapid devaluation of a national currency on a European society .

They are planning similar mass devaluations of fiat currencies very soon modelling them on the Argentine devaluation which is now being mass marketed in all these patronising documentaries on the Fall of Argentina .

Lucas said:
I didn't watch the full documentary yet but as soon it's available I will, I hope and I really hope that I'm wrong about all this and the opposite is the truth but by watching that little trailer I'm pretty sure I'm not.

BTW Who the hell is this David Gormezano apart of be of Jewish extraction and living for five years in Argentina (2003-2008)? Who pays him off to do this kind of rubbish..

I can't see your point here. Only because you shoot a documentary on poor people it's suppose to be some rubbish to make the well-off feel confortable? What seems interesting in this documentary is that it intends to show how badly a country is hurt in the long run after a crisis and how it affects the lives of many even when a strong growth rate is back. For instance, it could make people understand that new forms of poverty in Europe or the US are probably here to stay.

When we note that financial institutions often suffer from crisis on a short term basis while the impact on poverty is a long term syndrome I think there's a real socioeconomic interest in studying misery.

BTW: What's the point in mentioning that the director is from "Jewish extraction"??? And what do you mean "who the hell is he"? He seems to be an experienced reporter and was a correspondant for European media for 5 years in Buenos Aires. Why wouldn't he be qualified for the job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back