Argentina Vs. Usa In World Cup: Who Would You Root For?

World Cup Game Between Argentina and the USA: Who Wins?

• Argentina Wins

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • USA Wins

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • This is impossible

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Joe

Registered
Some of you don't know, but all the teams are required by FIFA to have team names. The official name of Team USA is the Vulture Drones. What's Team Argentina's name?

Some of you don't know, but all the teams are required by FIFA to have team names. The official name of Team USA is the Vulture Drones. What's Team Argentina's name?

Rotting Carrion?

The US most probably isn't going to get to the quarters.

That said, both teams feature iffy defenses, but Argentina's has held up better... though against lesser talent.

I would actually give the midfield edge to the US... especially if Michael Bradley can snap out of whatever funk he's in.

But there's no question which team has the better forwards. Though I'd like to think that the US would never let Messi cut left... meaning that one of the other strikers would ultimately score the winning goal. The 2nd Iranian defender (midfielder probably) on the winning goal should have absolutely stepped up earlier and then run into Messi when he cut left. Give them a free kick from that point with a wall, but don't stand back and leave your striker alone to defend Messi one-v-one as he sets the ball up on his left foot. That was HORRIBLE defending. Even worse than Beasley not closing in on Cristiano Ronaldo bad.

I would actually give the midfield edge to the US... especially if Michael Bradley can snap out of whatever funk he's in.

US starters wouldn't even be admitted into our third or fourth team. None of them, I'm sorry. So saying the US has a better midfield is a little bit crazy, even considering Argentina midfield is pretty much non-existent.

I didn't jinx it. Since when is being overly enthusiastic a problem around here? Octavos de final para todos?

US starters wouldn't even be admitted into our third or fourth team. None of them, I'm sorry. So saying the US has a better midfield is a little bit crazy, even considering Argentina midfield is pretty much non-existent.

Michael Bradley has been giving the ball away in dangerous positions in perhaps an "Ode to Masherano". I have to admit that I don't know whether to count Di Maria as a "midfielder" or an offensive player. He's obviously not a striker. Obviously a midfielder. But he's an Attacking Midfielder who tends to do 96% of his work from the left side.

I'll take Jermaine Jones over GAGO or Mascherano 8 days a week. And yes, I know where they play professionally, where they have played, and what they've won. I'll take Jermaine Jones and he'll crush Mascherano and then shoot the ball on target. And he'll run at least as far and at least as fast as Mascherano and then he'll have much better ball control after he wins the ball.

I'll take Zusi on set pieces 10 times out of 10 times over Gago. And even Di Maria. And of course over Mascherano. Also, there isn't a midfielder on the Albiceleste who is worth a peso on the receiving end of corner kicks. Period.

I'd take the US midfield over the Argentine midfield. Especially for how they serve, or don't serve, the team as a whole.

Di Maria is the only midfielder who would start on the US team. Different coaches, different philosophies.

never enjoyed argentinas histerical playing style, but futbol is a reflection of a culture...

Back