Argentina Vs. Usa In World Cup: Who Would You Root For?

World Cup Game Between Argentina and the USA: Who Wins?

• Argentina Wins

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • USA Wins

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • This is impossible

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Before the USA could meet Argentina, they would have to beat Belgium. It was nice to see the USA play well against Portugal, though Belgium would be more difficult.

As a Belgian, of course I expect the Belgians first to beat the USA, then Argentina and then our neighbours The Netherlands, to prevent them their 4th world cup final ;-)

US team is nice to watch playing, they improve during each tournament.

They have a 50/50 chance reaching the 1/8 finals: they'll likely lose against Germany and Ghana will likely defeat Portugal. The second of group G will likely be determined by goal differences....

Unless the game between Germany & the US ends with a tie... Both coaches are German btw, lol

As anticipated, France might be the big surprise of this WC

Before the USA could meet Argentina, they would have to beat Belgium. It was nice to see the USA play well against Portugal, though Belgium would be more difficult.

As a Belgian, of course I expect the Belgians first to beat the USA, then Argentina and then our neighbours The Netherlands, to prevent them their 4th world cup final ;-)

Now thats just mean.

Michael Bradley has been giving the ball away in dangerous positions in perhaps an "Ode to Masherano". I have to admit that I don't know whether to count Di Maria as a "midfielder" or an offensive player. He's obviously not a striker. Obviously a midfielder. But he's an Attacking Midfielder who tends to do 96% of his work from the left side.

I'll take Jermaine Jones over GAGO or Mascherano 8 days a week. And yes, I know where they play professionally, where they have played, and what they've won. I'll take Jermaine Jones and he'll crush Mascherano and then shoot the ball on target. And he'll run at least as far and at least as fast as Mascherano and then he'll have much better ball control after he wins the ball.

I'll take Zusi on set pieces 10 times out of 10 times over Gago. And even Di Maria. And of course over Mascherano. Also, there isn't a midfielder on the Albiceleste who is worth a peso on the receiving end of corner kicks. Period.

I'd take the US midfield over the Argentine midfield. Especially for how they serve, or don't serve, the team as a whole.

Di Maria is the only midfielder who would start on the US team. Different coaches, different philosophies.

Haha. Ok, you are either trolling or are a homer.

Zusi over Di Maria? Really!!! LoL. I didn't know who Zusi was before this wc but seen him play didn't impress me at all. Just another mediocre US player with a funny surname. The US team doesn't have even one player that I would say "Hey, that guy can play". Perhaps they can do good as a team (they will be out against Belgium though) but individually they are not good. I really hope we meet in the quarter finals and there will see. I predict a 3-0 score for Argentina unless the US pull an Iran and park the bus the whole game.

There's a reason why our entire bench of midfielders play in the biggest clubs in Europe while the best US midfielder plays at the MLS.

The following are individual standouts who have/had great careers in Europe and play on top or mid level teams:

Dempsey, Howard, Jones, Bradley. That's about it. Those are talented individual players, but the rest are not well known. The US midfielders don't play in the MLS. Bradley plays at Roma, Jones plays at Shalke in Germany, I believe Beckerman plays in Ireland or did in the past, and Dempsey, who is more of an advanced midfielder, although he does play in the MLS, played last season in Tottenham where he scored 12 goals in limited action. Most of the team plays in Europe or abroad. The only one of those four that played really well so far are Jones and Howard. Maybe Dempsey since he scored two goals.

The only players on our squad that could even make Argentina's squad are Howard (far superior to any Argentine goaltender), maybe Jones, maybe Bradley (Dempsey would not make it with all the good forwards, but might could as a midfielder). Argentina should beat the USA if they come against them, but I doubt it would be such an easy contest as people might think. I think the US might score a goal or two against Argentina if somehow they manage to get out of the group, and miraculously defeat Belgium. I would predict a 3 to 2 very entertaining game.

Back