Argentinas global tax system

sternum

Registered
Does anyone know if Millei has any plans to remove the global tax system, - the right Argentina have to tax your property and bank accounts in other countries?

Things are a mess right now, all you can do is wait and see. Companies close to him can't even get an answer as to whether SIRA import permits will still be a thing in 2 weeks, so forget about quick changes to tax laws that need Congress' authorization.

There have been various news articles suggesting that Milei will either eliminate the asset tax or reduce it considerably. If he decides to reduce it he will also unify the global asset tax and the national asset tax as it was during Macri’s government. As well as this there will likely be an amnesty for undeclared assets with either no penalty or a very low one. But from my understanding he will first need to reduce the asset tax and start to gain people’s trust before he implements the amnesty and for it to be successful. Here is one of the articles suggesting this:

Thanks everyone!

My citizenship lawyer sais they will not pursue this, because of boundaries of privacy between countries.

However an accountant told me that AFIP will ask for a receipt from your bank at the end of the year.

He also told me, when I said I will get a lot of money at some point, that I have to get six bank accounts and they will not touch me.

What is your experiences?

Thanks everyone!

My citizenship lawyer sais they will not pursue this, because of boundaries of privacy between countries.

However an accountant told me that AFIP will ask for a receipt from your bank at the end of the year.

He also told me, when I said I will get a lot of money at some point, that I have to get six bank accounts and they will not touch me.

What is your experiences?

When I brought up the topic with a lawyer, he suggested the easiest way to avoid the wealth tax was to avoid becoming a resident, which would imply not living permanently in Argentina.

Does anyone know if Millei has any plans to remove the global tax system, - the right Argentina have to tax your property and bank accounts in other countries?
You are asking the wrong questions.

The right question would be: Will Milei eliminate the tax on personal assets?

All countries with a few exceptions tax their residents income (and in the case they have an asset tax, assets) no matter where in the world they are held or derived.

Back