Argentine and Syria

squall

Registered
Hello Everyone,

I and my wife are both Syrian and we are planning to have a baby soon, we live outside Syria and we are thinking of the future of our newborn (because of the current situation and war in Syria) so we were considering coming to Argentine @ the birth time so the baby can have citizenship so He\She don't suffer like us, from what I read online in Argentine the citizenship is granted @ birth, but what about the parents and siblings(I have a son from my Ex)?

I think you can get citizenship via birth of a child in Argentina.. I'm interested in your views on whats happening in Syria - is Assad really a bad dude? Where do you fall on the whole thing? Never like to see countries ravaged with war.

From my point of view Has had Assad is just a front or a puppet controlled by Iran, his father before him did carried out several massacres the largest one was in Hamah city in 1980s. But this does not mean Bashar is in anyway better his father, since day one his regime started to sell Syria to Iran without mentioning the political persecution for anyone who stand against him

is Assad really a bad dude?

That is a great and difficult question to answer. I was in Syria in 2010, right before the hostilities broke out, so I have a few thoughts on the matter.
I think one important qualifier is: Is he a bad dude compared to what other alternatives currently available in Syria? Compared to the Salafists, the Muslim Brotherhood and ISIS, he is the best anyone remotely secular or non-sunni over there could hope for right now.

Perhaps you should contact the Syrian Embassy to ask for advice about your situation https://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy20021/
Perhaps you should start to be useful somehow instead of being something else ....

That is a great and difficult question to answer. I was in Syria in 2010, right before the hostilities broke out, so I have a few thoughts on the matter.
I think one important qualifier is: Is he a bad dude compared to what other alternatives currently available in Syria? Compared to the Salafists, the Muslim Brotherhood and ISIS, he is the best anyone remotely secular or non-sunni over there could hope for right now.
1- to be able or qualified to answer any question about something very specific you should have the needed knowledge to answer, what do you about Syria economical, political, living wise?
2- from your answer shows you have no idea about what is going on in Syria because you gathered Salafists, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood in one front, Muslim Brotherhood since 1980s have no existence (Political or even on ground) in Syria (because they were executed or ran with their lives), ISIS just arrived to Syria from Iraq to support Assad, Salafists are fighting again Free Syrian Army (The real Revolutionist again the Regime).
3- So please get some information or knowledge from other than FOX news or Syrian TV

P.S., if you want to know what is happening in Syria just google what the Syrian Regime and Russian Air Forces are doing to Eastern Ghouta for past weeks

and thanks to Somewhereinba for being the only one who tried answer my question

from your answer shows you have no idea about what is going on in Syria because you gathered Salafists, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood in one front

Really, you think my perspective is in any way supported by Fox New? I think you need to watch it more frequently if that is your impression of what they say about Syria.
I did not put ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood and the Salafists in one front. That is your assumption. I listed them individually as possible alternatives to Assad and the Baath party. And (despite your claim of the contrary) the Muslim Brotherhood is very present in Syria through the Syrian National Council (SNC) or other fronts.
Out of curiosity, who do you propose should rule Syria if Assad is removed? And how do you propose ensuring that the Shia, the Christians and the Alawite minorities don't get exterminated once Assad is removed?
I would love to get your perspective.

Last edited:
Really, you think my perspective is in any way supported by Fox New? I think you need to watch it more frequently if that is your impression of what they say about Syria.
I did not put ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood and the Salafists in one front. That is your assumption. I listed them individually as possible alternatives to Assad and the Baath party. And (despite your claim of the contrary) the Muslim Brotherhood is very present in Syria through the Syrian National Council (SNC) or other fronts.
Out of curiosity, who do you propose should rule Syria if Assad is removed? And how do you propose ensuring that the Shia, the Christians and the Alawite minorities don't get exterminated once Assad is removed?
I would love to get your perspective.

1- before thinking who will rule Syria after Assad, we should stop the current war and prevent the Sunni majority from becoming the minority and prosecute the whole regime no matter of its member faith(Sunni, Shia, Alawite, devil worshipers, ... etc)
2- all minorities were living in peace with the Sunni majority for over 1000 years until the regime came into ruling and started the current war after it just was peaceful demonstrations, so why US, IRAN, RUSSIA are concerned about the minorities now?
3- once the war stopped and every refugee, displaced, injured, tortured, rapped get their justice via court and processed the whole regime through a justice trial then an Election will take its place and whoever wins the election his or her party should rule Syria just like how it was before The Assad Regime(Bashar and His father before).

[QUOTE="camberiu, post: 354634, member: 10960"I did not put ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood and the Salafists in one front. That is your assumption. I listed them individually as possible alternatives to Assad and the Baath party[/QUOTE]
also out of curiosity why you did not list all the parties who are supporting and fighting alongside the Regime like Shia from Iraq and Iran, like the Kurds PYD and PKK, like Hizbullah from Lebanon, like all the mercenaries from all over the world such as Afghanistan, China, Russia, etc ... who are fighters just like ISIS (by the way if really follow the news from the ground you will find there was never a conflict between them and regime) or those militants are ok to help Assad rule the country?

"1- before thinking who will rule Syria after Assad, we should stop the current war..."
And how you propose to do that? The minorities will not stop fighting until they know who will rule a post-Assad Syria and what will be made of them. Neither will the Kurds or anyone else for that matter. There are no real incentives for any side to stop fighting.

"2- all minorities were living in peace with the Sunni majority for over 1000 years until the regime came into ruling..."
That is a very interesting historical interpretation. The Ottoman Empire and its big stick pretty much kept those marginalized minorities quiet and "peaceful" for a good chunk of those 1,000 years. When the French came to power in Syria, they propped those until then marginalized minorities, specially into military roles, to undermine the sunni majority and facilitate their rule. So historically speaking, ethnic strife is quite old in Syrian and not a consequence of the current regime. If anything, the current regime is the direct consequence of unresolved ethnic strife that goes back centuries if not millennia.

"3- once the war stopped and every refugee, displaced, injured, tortured, rapped get their justice via court and processed the whole regime through a justice trial then an Election will take its place and whoever wins the election his or her party should rule Syria just like how it was before The Assad Regime"
Justice Trial conducted by whom? Do all conflicting sides get to face atrocity charges, or just the current regime? And there will be an election and if the Salafist side supported by the likes of Saudi Arabia wins, the seculars and the minorities should accept it, just like that?

So far I saw no realistic proposal to end the conflict, and frankly, I do think there is any.

Last edited:
"And how you propose to do that? The minorities will not stop fighting until they know who will rule a post-Assad Syria and what will be made of them. Neither will the Kurds or anyone else for that matter. There are on real incentives for any side to stop fighting."
This is exactly the problem, you are looking at the situation from (Minority vs Majority) perspective only while the actual situation is (Regime vs Revolution) because there is Alawite inside Regime prisons because they are against it, there Kurds and Alawites among the Free Syrian Army.

"That is a very interesting historical interpretation. The Ottoman Empire and its big stick pretty much kept those marginalized minorities quiet and "peaceful" for a good chunk of those 1,000 years. When the French came to power in Syria, they propped those until then marginalized minorities, specially into military roles, to undermine the sunni majority and facilitate their rule. So historically speaking, ethnic strife is quite old in Syrian and not a consequence of the current regime. If anything, the current regime is the direct consequence of unresolved ethnic strife that goes back centuries if not millennia. "
So based on your opinion today issues and conflict because of the Ottoman empire who fell like 100 years ago not the current regime who has been torture, rape, exile, kill the people of Syria for past 40 years????!!!!!!

"Justice Trial conducted by whom? Do all conflicting sides get to face atrocity charges, or just the current regime? And there will be an election and if the Salafist side supported by the likes of Saudi Arabia wins, the seculars and the minorities should accept it, just like that? "
So if the Salafist wins the Election, is it ok to support Military CUP just like what happened in Egypt????
let us say any Minority wins the election it is a must on Majority to accept it but if a majority wins the elections the minority should stand and reject the result of the election??????????

whoever wins the elections the rest should accept it and live with it until next elections, Yes Just Like That

Back