Argentine Experience As Expat In Ireland

One of the funniest things that happened to me was in Ireland.
This is a cult joke about Ireland, but I swear it happened to me.
Wandering through Killarney late one afternoon, I think it was about 4PM and we felt like a drink.
We found a pub that seemed to be open, walked in to find the shutters down at the bar.
The landlord was cleaning up so I asked him if he was open.
He said no, so I asked him when was opening time.
'Ehm, about six, but would you like a drink while you're waiting?'

Lamarque I wish you happy days settling into my homeland. The weather and traffic were just 2 of the reasons that drove me from it permanently so it's best to always presume the weather will be terrible and then comes beautiful Autumn in Co. Wicklow and the clear blue skies against the many hues of the county known as The garden of Ireland may convince you it's not so bad a place to live for a while. My old home village was Delgany, about 20k South of Dublin city. Our house was the old sunday school in the middle of the village and is right in front of the old graveyard has remnants of a13th century church and is definitely worth a visit as is Greystones, 30 minutes walking distance from Delgany, it's an early 19th century village that's now a charming coastal town. Go eat in the Hungry Monk restaurant or bistro which has a fine selection of Argentinean wines (and Spanish sherry). The dart will take you to Greystones in an hour from town. Happy adapting..if it's any comfort Ireland in the colder months reveals it's true charms more than the odd sunny day that befalls the isle every 10 yrs or so!
I will pay a visit to Delgany, sound like a nice place. I'm wondering how is that Ireland reveals it charm on the winter?

I will pay a visit to Delgany, sound like a nice place. I'm wondering how is that Ireland reveals it charm on the winter?
Warm fire, local music and characters like Bono's brother who lives in Delgany village..and is as big a prick as his big famous brother but less well dressed!

Back