Argentine Race/culture Vs. Spanish And Italian Race/culture

Hey Bajo-cero: many people say that Macri is pro-rich, maybe they are right, but........can you point out any specific law proposed by him, and approved that benefit only the rich? There is none, but probably it is becausse he does not have the power (votes) in Congresss to approve them.

Hey Bajo-cero: many people say that Macri is pro-rich, maybe they are right, but........can you point out any specific law proposed by him, and approved that benefit only the rich? There is none, but probably it is becausse he does not have the power (votes) in Congresss to approve them.

One of the first things he did as president was significantly reduce taxes on grain and soya exports did he not. Most of these farmers are pretty wealthy.

Yes, but those taxes are known worldwide to be regressive, that is the reason that our country is one of the few in the world that issued them.

And after their reduccion, produccion of soy beans and other grains increased substancially offsetting the reduction in those taxes.

He eliminated taxes on luxury cars, eliminated taxes for mining companies and lowered taxes agriculture exports and removed any restrictions on % that can be exported -,hurting the domestic market, drastically reduced Bienes Personales taxes....

Yes, but those taxes are known worldwide to be regressive, that is the reason that our country is one of the few in the world that issued them.

And after their reduccion, produccion of soy beans and other grains increased substancially offsetting the reduction in those taxes.
Yes, but he did not protect the domestic market, which is something that they do even in the US.

Macri rule by decree...

The taxes he eliminated created a deficit that is solved with loans that are going to be paid by the workers.

The derogation by decree of the media law benefited the Monopoly of Clarin.

Not sure how this thread turned into one about Macri... but I'm not too impressed with his policies.

Yes, he eased up on some measures that were restricting the upper classes, getting rid of certain taxes or making it easier to buy things from abroad... but inflation is still crazy and he hasn't been as generous to the people that really need it - raising the price of utilities and clamping down, especially on the retired and lower classes.

There are plenty of blue-eyed, fair skinned Argentines. Not the majority, this obviously isn't Sweden, but there is a lot of German ancestry. Many people have "indigenous" blood and are darker skinned, which is pretty natural considering the native population. In contrast few Americans have any Native American blood at all. Some of the darker skinned people here may be recent immigrants from Paraguay, Bolivia, or Peru which tend to be a little more tan as well.

The genetic evidence of Argentines' ancestry seems to point out to around 15-20% Amerindian in Buenos Aires and the Pampas, and higher elsewhere. For more, see here. Whereas in the United States, Native Americans listed as just one race make up almost 1% of the total population, and the entire Native American population (including those listed as more than one race) is between 1.5% and 2% of the total population. I think a salient difference between the two situations is that in English/British colonies like what would become the USA, there was much less interbreeding between European colonists and Amerindians than in Spanish colonies such as what would become Argentina.

Americans never stand out to me because of the color of their skin... they stand out because they wear shorts and flipflops and University tshirts... during winter. :p Also the accent. And the height. And maybe the weight. ;)

I guess that rich and middle-class Argentines don't wear shorts or flipflops as often, nor do they wear shirts sporting Universidad de Buenos Aires, Univ. Nac. de Cordoba, etc. as often? I dare say they dress more like Europeans than Americans?!

The genetic evidence of Argentines' ancestry seems to point out to around 15-20% Amerindian in Buenos Aires and the Pampas, and higher elsewhere. For more, see here. Whereas in the United States, Native Americans listed as just one race make up almost 1% of the total population, and the entire Native American population (including those listed as more than one race) is between 1.5% and 2% of the total population. I think a salient difference between the two situations is that in English/British colonies like what would become the USA, there was much less interbreeding between European colonists and Amerindians than in Spanish colonies such as what would become Argentina.

I guess that rich and middle-class Argentines don't wear shorts or flipflops as often, nor do they wear shirts sporting Universidad de Buenos Aires, Univ. Nac. de Cordoba, etc. as often? I dare say they dress more like Europeans than Americans?!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]a salient difference between the two situations is that in English/British colonies like what would become the USA, there was much less interbreeding between European colonists and Amerindians than in Spanish colonies such as what would become british Argentina.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Absolutely the British did not mate with the locals, in Australia, NZ, S. Africa, Canada, USA, etc. Instead the Spanish Conquerors such as Cortes in Mexico married his officers with local women. The best legacy of Spain to LATAM are the GENES creating a mestizo race, in addition to the Religion, Law, City architecture, Language, etc. [/background]

Back