Argentine Sweets

I'm trying to avoid the picada subject - for me, the picada is just something annoying I have to put up with while waiting for the real meat to come off the parilla (salami vs. asado? No contest). But no, I wouldn't trust the chino with that - asked my wife where she goes (she's gotten some really great plates) and she said she couldn't remember the name of the place, but it's on Alberdi by the Coto - so I'd know where to go if I had to.

Your wife's innovative technique for getting what she wants - my Argentine wife has a whole bag of those tools. Does yours involve a phrase that includes "patada?" If so, we're probably in synchronization. You can prefer death if you want to, but in my experience you won't get off that easy.

lol at expats who think they hold the absolute truth.

We just share our experience and our thoughts. We have in common that we come from the western world, from many different countries and with many different backgrounds and we think the same way about this topic, and we disagree with 40 millions of Argentine. Beg to differ...

I had some alfajores from Cordoba once and they were delicious. Found the place by accident. Small town. Huge amount of cars parked outside. We though it was a cafe or restaurant and wanted to use the restrooms. It turned out to be some kind of outlet from the local alfajor bakery. Bought 12 different kinds and all were super delicious.

If you like a good alfajor, try Alfajores de las Sierras de Minas next time you're in Uruguay. They're tasty.

Back