Argentine Tv

You can find these on Youtube. They're filmed in Buenos Aires and have helped my listening comprehension a lot:

Los Simuladores (very well-known show here from 2002 or so) - make sure you search for the argentina one, because there's also a Spanish version and a Mexican (I think) version.

Hombre de tu Vida - a cheesy but entertaining show with famous Porteño actor Francella.

Also, I listen to Radio 10 over the Internet. It's a talk radio station from Palermo, good for listening and also current events & news.

If you want links for these, let me know.

There's an on TV guide that is just what you are looking for. You access it using your cable vision remote control. It says"guide". It should give you an on screen guide in grid form of all that's on at that time. But you have to access it from the remote for the cable box, NOT that for the TV...
Using the same remote you can select "menu" twice in a row and you will get the language menu. From there you can select subtitles and the language you want to see the subtitles in. Same thing for the show. Under "audio" in the language menu you will also have the option, if available, to see the show/movie in its original language or dubbed into Spanish. Of course these functions only work with what is actually available for the show that you are watching so don't get too excited! And good luck!

>> Periodismo Para Todos (but skip the first hour as it has zero content and really bad comedy) (Canal13)
>> En el Camino (TN)
>> Bajada de Línea (Canal 9)
>> Canal Encuentro (some of its programming is highly politicized though)
>> Same goes for TV Pública, but they have some nice music programmes every now and then.

Avoid daytime TV and news channels as much as you can. That, and 'Pasión de Sábados' on AméricaTv.

There's an on TV guide that is just what you are looking for. You access it using your cable vision remote control. It says"guide". It should give you an on screen guide in grid form of all that's on at that time. But you have to access it from the remote for the cable box, NOT that for the TV...
Using the same remote you can select "menu" twice in a row and you will get the language menu. From there you can select subtitles and the language you want to see the subtitles in. Same thing for the show. Under "audio" in the language menu you will also have the option, if available, to see the show/movie in its original language or dubbed into Spanish. Of course these functions only work with what is actually available for the show that you are watching so don't get too excited! And good luck!

Thanks but ours just plugs in the back of the tv like an old aerial lead, no modern tech with ours. Perhaps its time to investigate upgrading it. Anyway, I found a webpage on cablevisions site anyhow that lists whats on.

I was having this problem with Netflix Argentina. Many of the films are in Castellano with Brazilian Portuguese as the only subtitle option. Oh well, it's educational.

Do you mean many of the films are dubbed in Spanish or are you talking about the local content? If you're talking english language films are coming up with spanish dub, the fix is to log into your Netflix account via the internet and set your language preferences in there. I have to say we`ve only used netflix to watch breaking bad and sherlock and they have english audio with span or portugese subtitle option. obviously if you`re watching a local show or brazilian show you`ll be lucky to get english subs. Before I changed the settings though all the kids content was in spanish, now it comes through in english unless initially produced in spanish or portugese.

Back