Argentine was sooo mean to me! Is this normal?

I cannot believe this forum community has let some Troll hijack this thread from 2012, along with some other threads today only to intentionally get people (like me) to respond. Modern internet forums freeze the conversation threads automatically after X days or weeks from the time of the last response. @admin does this XenForo forum software have that option?

I cannot believe this forum community has let some Troll hijack this thread from 2012, along with some other threads today only to intentionally get people (like me) to respond. Modern internet forums freeze the conversation threads automatically after X days or weeks from the time of the last response. @admin does this XenForo forum software have that option?
Modern internet forums have many different features, but not all of them are equally useful. Automatic thread locking might be appropriate for a classifieds site, which is evidently more time-sensitive, but I don't see much value for it here.

If someone accidentally comes across an old thread and wants to comment on something that happened 11 years ago, I generally don't see any issue with that. This is especially true if the issue is still relevant, as many of them are.

If there is no interest, the thread will just fade away naturally, or it may take on a new twist that goes beyond calling other people trolls.

Back