Argentines American dream goes sour

Anyone not interested in my posts is most welcome to skip them, or just ignore them.

By the way, you did not point out any posts which include supporting evidence. Hard to find them, aren't they?

Quentin.Daniels said:
The point is that you need to learn the difference of facts and opinions, look at this post you made, you get your opinions from having lived in Argentina and the fact is that you lived in Argentina. In many of your posts you are claiming facts that are actually your opinions, this may not make a big difference to you but that is why you piss of so many other posters on this forum. Make it easy for yourself state that your posts are your opinions and not facts unless they can be verified as a fact.

SaraSara said:
Those articles are nine years old. I give up: you don't want to debate, or to exchange ideas, you just want to win. I wonder why that is so important to you - what's missing in your life?

Anyway, goodbye Orwellian; have a good day, and have a good life.

I don't want to win, I want you to stop posing your opinions as facts unless you have actual sources to back up them up with. I'm interested of what you have to say, but I am not just going to take your word for it because you were there.

flyfreely said:
...I have to agree with Pericles, this country has a lot more freedom than the US (yes, I am an American). We are not the only ones that think this, that is one of the top reasons why Buenos Aires is so full of foreigners.

No, Buenos Aires is so full of foreigners because it's cheap.

I'm curious about all of this freedom that people are finding here, though. Is "freedom" maybe just a euphemism for weed, hookers and laws you don't have to obey if you can afford to bribe cops? If that's the case then, yes, Argentina is more "free" than some other places (nudge nudge, wink wink). Otherwise, what are all of these things that I'm free to do here that I can't do elsewhere?

pericles? flyfreely? Care to explain?

I think they are referring to the freedom of not having the government meddling into what you want to do. If I want to buy sex or smoke weed I should be entitled to without having the government interfering. That is in a way freedom.

orwellian said:
I think they are referring to the freedom of not having the government meddling into what you want to do. If I want to buy sex or smoke weed I should be entitled to without having the government interfering. That is in a way freedom.

Even in a "free society" you still don't have the right to do whatever you want.

Does your idea of freedom include (buying) sex with ten year old girls (which is possible in a number of countries)?

1984 has come and gone, Orwellboy, and, fortunately, that kind of "freedom" still does not exist in most of the world.

Quentin.Daniels said:
Yes its is my opinion and not a fact.

There are people who strongly disagree with your opinion and that is why they "bitch" (as you say) about what the K's have done.

My opinion is pretty much the opposite of yours. I believe that they did the Argentines no favors at all, that the people will not be better off, the money will not be better managed & that what they did was not legal.

Of course, I don't have a dog in this fight so I can't get too upset about it. & time will tell. I hope that it will work out in the end and the money hasn't disappeared into the abyss.

Back