Argentines obtaining italian passport

so it kind of seems that its hit or miss. on his moms side, the grandmother is italian, on his side his great grandparents are spanish. but it seems that getting the italian would be easier.

Does the unmarried partner visa apply in countries like spain and france? because that could be the easiest, and shortest, route.

France is a bitch of a country to try to get a visa for. I'm pretty sure they require marriage certificates for accompanying partners coming from overseas. You can live together unmarried in France for a year and then enter into a civil union to get a residency permit, but he'd have to get his own visa to be there for the first year. In any case, if you are not French, your accompanying partner does not have to right to work in France so you would have to prove the financial resources to support him.
However, the French embassy here has announced a new working-holiday visa for Argentinians will come into effect this year, so that could be an option.

But if you're thinking of going there to study, I would strongly discourage anyone from entering into the French higher education system. I was there and it was a disorganized, frustrating mess. If I was you, I'd think more about the UK or the Netherlands.

Back