Argentines Queue for Fuel as FX Shortage Strands Tankers at Sea

đź‘Ť

U$D 1.25 for four liters of nafta gasoline. Without subsidy it is double, which is still cheap compared to US or EU.

I do not understand why there are subsidies for the entire population. They did a similar scare with the Subte train subsidies recently too. The government could stop giving all subsidies to the 50% of people, since they are the half not living in poverty.
In Uruguay, four liters of gas now cost U$D 7,36.

My chino is fully stocked. My carniceria is fully stocked. My verduleria is fully stocked. No line at the gas station two blocks from my apartment.
Grocery store was fine today. Fully stocked, not crowded, and without panic. I went near the gas station queue which was more 3 blocks long. I have not needed fuel since last weeks fill up.

I don't know whether to be pleased or embarrassed. Massa's threat to suspend exports of crude petroleum actually made the weekly bulletin at Oilprice.com

Mind you, it was the second to last note in a 14-item list, meaning those canny bastards at Oilprice don't consider it very important, but hey, we're there

oilprice.png

Everything here in Villa Urquiza is normal. Not sure why Steve is so eager for the Zombie Apocalypse.

Back