Argentines...scared Of The Cold?

I can't count how many times I've been like, why am I the only one who would prefer a glass of wine to yet another bottle of coke. Drinking coke after coke -gross! Plus if we're talking health, you're putting tons of sugar and other toxic crap into your system with soda - might as well switch to wine and get a nice buzz while you're at it!

Or you could combine Argentines' love for both Coca Cola and booze and drink Coke and Fernet. Then you get the best of both worlds.

Or you could combine Argentines' love for both Coca Cola and booze and drink Coke and Fernet. Then you get the best of both worlds.

Funny enough, Fernet is something belonging to the past in Italy.
First time I went here they offered me a Fernet and coke to get drunk I basically laughed them off saying only elderly people drink Fernet and wtf do you water it down with coke if you want to get drunk?!

In Bavaria, Germany, a sparkling water in a beer house can cost more than a beer. Seeing as the beer is delicious, I was always much obliged to choose beer with my meals over a soft drink. I shall miss that.

Son friolentos, no son miedosos.

I begin to sweat when the temperature gets around 18 or so, at least in the sun and when I'm walking. I die in the summers when I'm in a place that is even relatively cool but there's no air circulation. I suffocate in the winters when I walk into a place with its heaters going full and I'm wearing a light sweater or jacket for the relatively slight chill outside.

For the most part, people don't sweat here! Maybe in the hottest of days they'll get a few little beads of perspiration...

The winters in Houston get a bit cooler than here - I've seen snow there about every 10 - 15 years or so, but here only once in some 80 years. Ice storms are not uncommon in Houston in the winter, but really winters are very similar to here except for that. We don't go around when the temp hits 20 all bundled up with every orifice closed to the weather :)

I'm not a fat guy (I could lose a few pounds, but I'm in reasonably decent shape) but I feel like a pig, in the heat. I've been that way all my life. Growing up in Houston in the summer time is hotter and more humid than here and I worked outside for the most part until I was in my late 20's - and sweat more than anyone else. The water cooler was always my friend. But other sweat as well in Houston!

I remember last summer, I was walking around with a buddy of mine, we were trying to find some electronic thing (cable or something, don't remember now). We were in a bit of a hurry, so we were walking fast. It was January if I remember correctly. I was sweating buckets - literally.

We walked into one store and the girl behind the counter took one look at me, literally jumped to her feet with a totally shocked exp<b></b>ression on her face. There was no air conditioning in the place, but a little fan going in the corner. She didn't even have a drop of perspiration, at least where we could see. She started asking me if I was OK, if she could get me some water, did she need to call someone, etc.

I was a bit embarrassed...

I'm scared of cats.
That's because you've never tried

BonPussy%20Chilli%20Sauce%203%20bottles.jpg

Back