Argentinian Accent is it the best

There is something special about the accent in Buenos Aires. What I found so special about the accent (and I hope I am making sense here) is how in an overall feeling and sense of the city it just felt right. The accent itself was a fundamental part of the city, a character on its own within the city. I loved it.

To Lucas no he is not a chilean nor an argentinian but a full blood aussie .

pericles said:
To Lucas no he is not a chilean nor an argentinian but a full blood aussie .

Okay he may very well be born in Australia from Chilean parents, that will make him a first generation aussie, but the point I want make is that his spanish background accent is from Chile and that will explain why he can speak the language.

Having done a few weeks study in guatemala where people pronounce words distinctly before coming here... I am utterly convinced I will never gets to grips with spanish here, half the people speak so fast and blur all their words together, it's like listening to someone on speed shouting down a hosepipe to me!

simon.richards said:
Having done a few weeks study in guatemala where people pronounce words distinctly before coming here... I am utterly convinced I will never gets to grips with spanish here, half the people speak so fast and blur all their words together, it's like listening to someone on speed shouting down a hosepipe to me!

I know what you mean, but it goes both ways. even my porteno friends can't understand me if i talk to fast. that is what me and some of my friends would do so ppl couldn't understand us. i've also noticed i can understand non native spanish speakers better than native ones.

Lucas you seem obsessed that this guy is chilean but I have met him and he is anglo saxon .

The argentinian accent can be sweet as honey or like fingernails stratching down a blackboard . There are huge differences in pronounciation within Argentina as well as in the Capital Federal itself . Recoleta definetly has its own accent :) that for me is very noticeable to the ear.

Pericles people who studied anthropology will tell you that the physiognomy characteristics of this individual are typically of Chilean ancestry beside that is you read some of the commentaries in youtube you will find that people who listen to the video coincide with this view on his accent. As I said he speaks Aussie English because probably he was born and educated in OZ, I won't discuss if you meet him or not it could very well he is of mix race between an Anglo-Saxon part as you imply and and a Chilean parent (mother-father) he had clear eyes but predominant Chilean physiognomic makeup plus the underlying Chilean accent undoubtedly point to that origin.

No, I'm not obsessed...well maybe just a little tiny bit. :D

The Argentine accent is not one but many. People in Cordoba have a very different accent than people in Jujuy.

In Buenos Aires itself there are at least three different accents, depending on which neighborhood Porteños were born, and which school they attended.

Sara

I have to admit I love the porteno accent. At first I hated it. But after a few months of watching the novelas (to learn how to mimick the accent ) I´ve grown to love it. It´s very sing-songy and the sh sound was easy for me to pick up since I studied Brazilian portuguese for about a year as well.

Both wrong, you and the Argentine fella.

I absolutely love the way I'm speak and I'm proud of my accent.

There are people who speak terribly wrong gramatically and a lot of educated people who speaks properly.

Just like anywhere else in this world.

JoeBlow said:
That's what I was talking about!

Back