Argentinian Accent is it the best

I looked at him but couldn't find the label. Wha re you talking about ?

Viajero Mike said:
Look at him. You cannot possibly think that he is and Aussie, He is obvously an Argie that has lived in Australia. Just look at him!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though this thread is two years old it is a most interesting topic and one that many have diverse opinions. The porteño accent is imho the most distinctive of Latin America. The best aspect of the local dialect is the dry humour expressed in words and sayings.

For pure phonetic spanish the Limeño accent is the most correct but argentinian spanish for many is the perfect mix of adrenaline and humour.

I actually love most argentine accents. I do not know how to differentiate them. There's this guy at the office with the most annoying accent ever, but it's only his I can't stand. I have a few friends from Mendoza... I absolutely love how the talk. I'm always wanting to seat down and have coffee with them so they tell me their stories in their accents.

I do have a hard time when they speak fastly (even worse when they've had a drink or two). My native language is Spanish and it's funny I can't always get all the words they're saying (some because they use different words for stuff, and other times because they talk too fast). However, there's an accent that can make me fall in love: colombian, but not all of the colombian accents are nice... I don't like Shakira's accent, but I'm in total love with Sofia Vergara's, for example.

It's also very amusing when Argentines try to imitate us mexicans. I'm always like: "what? We don't speak like that!" but it's funny.

The accents of those from San Juan are beautiful - musical.

Many agree that the best Spanish is spoken by Colombians and Cubanos.

But I always hear from Spanish friends and acquaintances how they love the sound of Castellano de Argentina. Interesting.

wineguy999 said:
The accents of those from San Juan are beautiful - musical.

Many agree that the best Spanish is spoken by Colombians and Cubanos.

But I always hear from Spanish friends and acquaintances how they love the sound of Castellano de Argentina. Interesting.

I agree . I love the beautiful tone of their accent from San Juan

I'm partial to Spanish from Spain. I like Argentine spanish (porteño), but don't care for the "sh" sound. I thought my fiance had a speech impediment the first time I met him! :D

Also I can't stand the way some porteño women talk. The men's accent is generally fine, but the women have a rather shrill whiney way of speaking at times. Spain's Spanish is a little more blunt if not more comical at times. :p

Carolina Girl said:
I can be in the back woods of North Carolina and run into an illegal Mexican
How do you know they are illegal? Did you ask them to see their green card?

Come on people: trying to decide if an accent is nice or not is like trying to decide if a skin color is nice or not (sorry for the tired comparison).

Back