Argentinian foreigner's DNI as travel document?

Kula

Registered
Is there a complete list of countries where one can enter with Argentinian DNI ( resident not national) without passport?

dsp27

Registered
Is there a complete list of countries where one can enter with Argentinian DNI ( resident not national) without passport?
Only Chile and maybe Uruguay and potentially only as a permanent resident. Best to have a passport.

Kula

Registered
Only Chile and maybe Uruguay and potentially only as a permanent resident. Best to have a passport.

Well, apart from those two I've crossed to Paraguay without passport.
Brazil told me its no problem too.

Can't find "oficial" complete list if such exists?
What about Bolivia? Peru? Colombia?

sts7049

Registered
i was denied in brazil once trying to enter on just DNI. because at the time they required a visa for US citizens.

Kula

Registered
This is the list for Argentina's nationals: "Uruguay, Paraguay, Brasil, Chile, Perú, Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, Bolivia"
Let's consider its max.

So far for DNIE( DNI extranjero)

Uruguay+
Paraguay+
Brasil+-
Chile+
Peru?
Venezuela?
Ecuador?
Colombia?
Bolivia?

Last edited:

dsp27

Registered
This is the list for Argentina's nationals: "Uruguay, Paraguay, Brasil, Chile, Perú, Venezuela, Ecuador, Colombia, Bolivia"
Let's consider its max.

So far for DNIE( DNI extranjero)

Uruguay+
Paraguay+
Brasil+-
Chile+
Peru?
Venezuela?
Ecuador?
Colombia?
Bolivia?
Also it’s important to bear in mind that entering with DNI extranjero might be possible only if arriving from Argentina. So not, say flying from the US. Just my guess.

sts7049

Registered
i traveled there from argentina, so it wasn't that. but now there is no visa required for US nationals entering brazil, so maybe i could enter only with DNI. but i wouldn't take the chance.

Kula

Registered
Also it’s important to bear in mind that entering with DNI extranjero might be possible only if arriving from Argentina. So not, say flying from the US. Just my guess.
US is not listed:) so doesn't matter what one wants to do, even if going to Argentina itself DNI shouldn't be enough, for them it's just some plastic not a travel document.

But probably can go from Paraguay to Brazil with DNI without even entering Argentina.

Like Peruvians can go to Argentina through Bolivia ( not directly from Peru) without passport