Argentinian government is taking over Vicentin?

This article nails it somewhat. What kind of message does expropriation send at a moment like this? Move to Uruguay? Sit still and spend nothing?Offshore your money? Divest? Hold off investing and creating jobs? Don't trust Argentina? Don't trust the government? Don't trust the law? Don't trust the institutions? Let the poor and vulnerable be poor and vulnerable... the government will solve their problems with their infinite money?

"The uncertainty generated by this type of measure is difficult to appease. Putting rule of law aside in a nation, like ours, is about to enter the worst economic crisis in its entire history, could be described as reckless."

"...Anxiety has put us in "survival" mode. Our politicians drive by looking in the rearview mirror instead of watching the road ahead. This generates a bloated state that sucks the blood of those who produce goods and services , and at the same time it becomes an unenviable factory making poor people who, year after year, turn to the tits of the State."

https://www.infobae.com/opinion/202...piacion-y-el-atroz-encanto-de-ser-argentinos/

When this government was elected I lost hope, but for a while clung to the illusion that maybe - just maybe - Alberto was a different kind of Peronista. Sadly, he's just more of the same -

I've a farm in Colonia, where I have been vacationing for years. Now, I'll live in Uruguay and vacation in Argentina. As a visitor, it won't hurt so much

Haven't you heard the President talking at the Puebla Group meetings?

He is almost totally in harmonious agreement with Cristina. They might occasionnally play the good cop bad cop thing, but, they are both passionate about politics and I dare say, secret political and social soulmates.

I know, I know. But even against impossible odds, we all we all hoped he would prove us wrong. So much for hope.

For the first time in forty years, I hear my younger relatives - 30 year olds - making plans to leave Argentina. These are professionals, with a lot to lose. Now they are willing to uproot their families, move to another country, and go back to school to revalidate their titles.

Anything is better than staying here to watch Argentina turn into Argenzuela.

Last edited:
I am not entirely against state owned entities or state participation as I have seen work very successfully in my own country. However in my own country we have zero corruption, full transparency and the state demands those companies run efficiently and turn a profit like any other company. Businessmen, not career politicians, run the companies. The state does not interfere with business decisions and there is the rule of law, including the world's most advanced competition laws which apply to an SoE as much as a private company.
I want to move to your country.

I want to move to your country.
Do it quickly then. Assuming you don`t have an NZ spouse or meet a specific skill shortage criteria, there is talk of the post-pandemic 3 year residency permit threshold going up from a minimum investment of $10,000,000 to $50,000,000, which after 3 years makes you eligible to apply for permanent residency. And then there are the add-ons. $5000+ visa processing fees. $159,000 to bring one parent and $212,000 to bring both - but limited to 1,000 parents per year. And unless you have that $10m-$50m to park in job creation, government bonds or NZ managed funds, you will need to be a New Zealander, Australian or Singaporean citizen to actually buy a home there... with a median sales price well in excess of $1,000,000 it should be doable. On the plus side even with temporary residence, you have the right to vote and you get all the free health care and basic education you could ever need, except the university level (which you still need to pay for) Bargain!

Back