Argentinian government is taking over Vicentin?

AF plus Cristina can print more pesos yet and Expropiate whomever they feel like .. It's easy money...LOL

A la Chavez "expropiese"

1591668110357.png

The word "soberania" is a red flag - has been used in Argentina for ages to justify the worst government's excesses.

Dive for cover.

It is like the Argentinian Covid-19 test. Gives "us" soberanía. Which results in Argentina testing much less than most other countries...

The mask is off - Alberto just channels Cristina.

As soon as the border opens, I'm moving to Colonia. Uruguay may be boring, but it is a rational and decent place.

You're moving to Colonia because the government is going to expropriate a soy bean processing plant? :confused:

I'm with you that it generally doesn't work out well when the government takes over private companies. Tax and regulation is usually a more effective method if a government wants to assert more control over a market.

Serious question, which I don't know the answer to - How have YPF and Aerolineas fared since the government has taken over compared to their performance pre-expropriation?

Actually, this is not bad.

All the western countries are moving to protect their major companies from being acquired on the cheap by the Chinese and others (including us Americans).

Argentina is doing it differently - buying instead of doing a review, I'd guess probably because they think they can benefit, and because the don't think they could do much about the rest.

Much still not bad.

You're moving to Colonia because the government is going to expropriate a soy bean processing plant? :confused:
When this government was elected I lost hope, but for a while clung to the illusion that maybe - just maybe - Alberto was a different kind of Peronista. Sadly, he's just more of the same - as they say here, he is the same dog with a new collar.

I've a farm in Colonia, where I have been vacationing for years. Now, I'll live in Uruguay and vacation in Argentina. As a visitor, it won't hurt so much seeing what this gang does to the country.

I'm with you that it generally doesn't work out well when the government takes over private companies. Tax and regulation is usually a more effective method if a government wants to assert more control over a market.

Serious question, which I don't know the answer to - How have YPF and Aerolineas fared since the government has taken over compared to their performance pre-expropriation?

aerolineas has received subsidies for awhile.

the debt was up to 1.5 billion USD....any information on how much the assets are worth?
The Swiss wont be too happy given how much glencore had invested there.

Back