Argentinian Postal Service

Alex_H

Registered
Hi guys,

I want to mail a package as a gift for someone in Australia - a new leather horse bridal weighing about 1-2kg

My question essentially is:

- Are there export duties to pay on something like this/are there any forms I'll need to fill out?
- What do you think the cheapest way to send it (with half a chance of them arriving)?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Hi,

If your package is above two kilos, you will need to go to the "Centro Postal Internacional" in the center to ship it (and you will need to show the content to the customs officer so no need to wrap it yet).

If less than 2 kilos, you can ship it from any Correo Argentino office.
Shipping is safe for packages sent abroad but you need to elect the option "Impreso Certificado" (no need to pay for the express shipping = will take about the same time).

Requirements to wrap your package :
- You need to use a wrapping paper (those brown sheets you can buy in any paper store).
- You can't use tape to fix the paper (tip : use tape in an hidden way to make it easier).
- You need to tie a tiny cord "in cross" all around the package.

Price = for up to 2 kilos should cost around 120 pesos (don't know the latest fees)

Right so moral of the story - if the bridal weighs more than 2kg - I'll just shorten it :p - while Argentinian requirements for wrapping will play directly into my favour as a present.

Meanwhile it shouldnt cost much more than $120 pesos AND no one minds about exporting leather?

Thanks so much for the speedy response! Will post again if I experience any problems :)

Back