Arrest record during immigration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, okay, now I understand. You have a pride problem. You're in your mid-thirties? Life will take that out of you, I hope. People don't view you as you want them to view you with that pride problem, man. They view you as hostile, unapproachable, and not likable. I don't think you're more intelligent than anyone else because you use proper grammar and bullets for your ideas and other people don't use English grammar as well. I can see straight through it and it reeks of insecurity and daddy issues.

They view you as hostile, unapproachable, and not likable: are you talking about the forum member Pierre here, or, like, doing some reverse accusation? I mean, you do sound rather hostile and touchy yourself, at times, on this thread.

In any case, regarding the past disappearance of Afros from Argentina , why look for complicated teary explanations? It's just the climate, when the local economy went bad, and no job was left, they went up North to Brasil. Same thing happened in Colombia. Just internal or external migration towards warm climate, nothing fancy here.

They view you as hostile, unapproachable, and not likable: are you talking about the forum member Pierre here, or, like, doing some reverse accusation? I mean, you do sound rather hostile and touchy yourself, at times, on this thread.

In any case, regarding the past disappearance of Afros from Argentina , why look for complicated teary explanations? It's just the climate, when the local economy went bad, and no job was left, they went up North to Brasil. Same thing happened in Colombia. Just internal or external migration towards warm climate, nothing fancy here.

Regarding Afros in Argentina. "They just went up north to Brazil" Seriously? I hope you're joking.

Where are your sources on this? Does this theory you invented help you sleep better at night? Why even mention this?

There are local Argentinian historians from the government who have researched this topic without bias and published literature on the subject.They didn't all just cross the border because the weather was better in Brazil. If you are going to speak on this (which is unrelated from the topic of this thread...) then you should do some research so that you can speak intelligently on the subject.

Next thing you're gonna claim the "Trail of Tears" never happened in the USA and those Native Americans just preferred to continually head further and further and further west because.....they preferred the weather there! Of course there wasn't any government policy or anything that contributed to their numbers dwindling. That would be too complicated.

Study history instead of being afraid of "complicated, teary eyed explanation".

Genocide is actually not "complicated" but at times it can be "teary eyed" depending on which side of it you are on.

Last edited:
If you live in Palm Beach, I'd love to take you out for a cigar and a good scotch (Lagavulin 16) next time I'm in Orlando and describe to you my life as a black man in the US. I believe in resolving differences over conversation (and cigars). I'll drive down and we can meet at whatever joint you have down there. Or we can meet at Corona in Orlando.

No one else was in the car with me, I'm not sure where you got the idea that this was a domestic dispute. Kind of speaks to your preconceived notions. I'm actually in the process of putting together a website that lists police violence against black people on a day by day basis for the past year, would you like to review it when I'm done? That way you can say, for example, on August 12th 2019, this innocent black person was murdered/arrested falsely/etc by the police.

I do believe you're racist, but I don't believe you're willfully so. I think it comes from a place of being handed so much that you've never had to struggle in life in any meaningful way, so for you life is very black and white, not gray. For example, just being white is an advantage. Being a man is an advantage. But I don't think you're capable of understanding that. So while you're intelligent, you're not very wise. Which is not your fault. Just like I wouldn't blame a poor person for not understanding how to become a millionaire by 65 by not drinking every Friday night but instead investing the money, I don't blame you for being incapable of some forms of compassion or gray-area thinking or the skills that you would have acquired had you suffered in your life.
I think it's way too generous of you to say he's not wilfully racist. Being from his (and my) generation, in this current climate especially - you know what's what! To deny a black man's experience on expat forums and fabricate some nonsense story, I'm sorry but this guy deserves a healthy dose of blame!

1590824954000.png

Last edited:

This is also beyond ridiculous, the OP has not shown any hostile or touchy traits - you're just gaslighting him. There was a black genocide here! Educate yourself!

Okay, this really is my final post on this.

I only mentioned the domestic because that's the most common crime that people plead out on when there's little evidence against them.

And more broadly - I truly don't mean to be offensive. Especially if you're an older gentleman from the south of our country. I don't doubt that you've probably had your fair share of people crossing the street or raising their eyes or whatever. It's a shame. But the idea that our law enforcement is a paramilitary force designed to support white supremacy? In our cities, at least, I just don't buy it. There may be a rogue cop, a drunk, whatever, but you have no idea what our police forces' training is like nowadays. They have transgendered cops, for instance. Like, the place that you really do have paramilitary police forces designed to keep the whites in power is . . . South America. Just saying.

And you can call me a racist, it doesn't bother me. I get that if you see some generic, middle class white California liberal just sort of breezing through life, went to good schools, manages his finances okay, keeps himself in shape, travels, eats well, etc, I guess you could say that's an accrued advantage that's based on race, by tracing it back to all the various restrictive policies that made it so that my parents, grandparents, etc. all went to college and also into the middle class, and could raise me in this particular way. I get that.

However, as our feverish friend who just now posted that goofy triangle thing - where "tokenism," which can only be defined as hiring a non-white person is "covert white supremacy" - neatly illustrates, there's this emerging position that if we're not with you, we're against you. If I'm not fully on board with whatever the project is at a given moment, I'm part of the problem, a racist.

This triangle guy almost surely believes that a standard political platform of fair distribution of economic opportunity, and equal justice before the law, is also racist white supremacy. In fact, take odds on that - though he's also white, no question - he'd probably say that even the cultural preferences I have are themselves an expression of white supremacy.

You spend time in Argentina? You're a colonialist!

You have a museum membership? That's Euro-centrism!

You enjoy eating healthy food? That's an expression of the privilege of your race!

This sort of mania is just lame, like in some fundamental way, it's another sort of corruption of the American soul. The Trump types have utterly jettisoned this long history of positivism and progress, and to see the left do the same is very disheartening. Like two cancers racing to metastasize, with the ultimate prize being the death of something that's, yeah, super flawed, but also truly great. You're an older school dude, OP, so this isn't about you but, nonetheless, no exchanges like this these days get away from it.

Anyway, I'm sorry if my "hm, let's game this out" thinking offended you. If it's any consolation, I'm a pretty hardcore culturalist, and that's one that you can hang on me, and I'll wear it.

Also, the "daddy issues" thing is a true LOL. For future reference, you should insult me by referring to something that still actually exists. My generation's parents coddled us like crazy, and I want to be nothing like them. If anything, I'm sort of proud of being somewhat ruthless and detached.

Last edited:
Regarding Afros in Argentina. "They just went up north to Brazil" Seriously? I hope you're joking.

Where are your sources on this? Does this theory you invented help you sleep better at night? Why even mention this?

There are local Argentinian historians from the government who have researched this topic without bias and published literature on the subject.They didn't all just cross the border because the weather was better in Brazil. If you are going to speak on this (which is unrelated from the topic of this thread...) then you should do some research so that you can speak intelligently on the subject.

Next thing you're gonna claim the "Trail of Tears" never happened in the USA and those Native Americans just preferred to continually head further and further and further west because.....they preferred the weather there! Of course there wasn't any government policy or anything that contributed to their numbers dwindling. That would be too complicated.

Study history instead of being afraid of "complicated, teary eyed explanation".

Genocide is actually not "complicated" but at times it can be "teary eyed" depending on which side of it you are on.
There are historians who have researched this topic without bias :

As if there's something like a Historian who has no bias...All Historians, being human beings, have biases, whether they're aware of it, or not. And you do, too, heavy biases in your own favor, (as is logical) I suspect.

I second the suggestion to contact a residency lawyer due to the legal complexity. It’s nowhere near the cost of citizenship and is a much shorter process (pre-COVID, that is, not sure about now). Convivencia was mentioned, and I know several who have gone this route and through the same residency attorney with success but only two have a criminal history. In any event, it is possible.

On the ridiculous posts that are off-topic from your original question, when has anyone ever convinced someone to change their mind on the internet...in my experience, never. A majority of the frequent forum posters would never attempt to meet in person, spoken from someone who has hosted and attended countless events announced on this forum. I agree with you, that it is much more fruitful to have an in-person conversation, but these guys (assuming gender by the names) appear to be a waste of energy.

Best of luck. (PM me also if you need a referral)

I'll meet you at the first available opportunity. Once they let me out of here, I'm on the road, 3 months back in BA.

You want to debate, carp, complain, whatever - I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back