Arrive in BA in December-Questions

Thanks to all of you who posted informative and supportive messages.
The information about where would be a good safe place to live is great. Salta sounded great until I read that there is malaria risk up there. So, I have a new question:
Q. Where is another city similar to Salta but further south?
It's great also to hear the concern for our little boy (who's nearly 2). However, we already have some income (from home), and certainly won't be subjecting our little boy to any hostels.
For those of you who have further info to share with us, we look forward to receiving it and perhaps even meeting you when we arrive in December.
Thanks
Sioban :)

I suppose the obvious choice is Mendoza, if you want a larger city. I spent some time there and liked it. Perhaps the most trees I've ever seen in a city since they line all of the roads. And of course there's the vineyards in the countryside and the mountains on the way to Chile.
It might we worthwhile to ponder what you're looking for regarding size of a city to locate to and also climate. Is your ideal a dry climate or humid climate as an example? Monster big city or small town? Active nightlife or bedtime at 9 pm? Argentina is a large country and quite varied. Understanding what you're looking for in the first place will make it easier to find.
Don't give up on Salta until you've visited there. Thinking back on when I was there, I remember how other travelers liked the vibe of the city and that's what I was feeling as well.
Forgot to mention another tip. Avoid expats. :)
Keep investigating. Read guidebooks and online blogs. Search out specific city names or regions. Study past recorded weather patterns. Don't be afraid.

Back