Arriving in Buenos Aires in 6 weeks!

Don´t forget to bring some patience and your best Spanish skills :)

Ross, I would bring an Argentina lonely planet (also available online but I prefer hard copy).

As others have said, maybe small amounts of food you cant live without, bring a few hundred pesos to get you from the airport and to get you started (obvious I guess!) and if there is any particular items of clothing or electronics you need before hand I would buy them before you come, they will be cheaper and better quality.

genialf said:
Spicy stuff! I am suffering from the lack of salsa picante. Unless of course you're not mexican, in which case you'll be fine.

Definitely! There's a good selection of hot sauces in chinatown in Belgrano, especially at Asia Oriental market.

However, I haven't been able to find my favorite classic sriracha sauce (rooster sauce) anywhere.

Where do I start!! Any and all electronics, AA,AAA batteries, ziplocs, peanut butter, tinfoil, camera batteries, spare running shoes, favorite movies or gaming system, adapters, plenty of them, chile powder if you like chile, just to start. If you are anything but Argentine size bring extra clothes. I'm sure I will think of more. I wish I would have done more thinking before I packed.

justinba said:
However, I haven't been able to find my favorite classic sriracha sauce (rooster sauce) anywhere.
It 's at all of the large grocery stores in Barrio Chino.

So if the clothes and shoes fall apart after a couple of washes - where do you get good clothes in Buenos Aires?

Also, I am still looking at my alternatives for my stay. Does anyone have any suggestion? Does anyone here happen to live in a house and has a spare room available in a safe neighborhood?

A large bottle of TYLENOL AND OTHER OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINES WILL HELP, peptobismol,etc

Back