Article on Argentine Outsourcing

It is that workers pay more, are you blind or what?? A person whose salary is $2,000 will buy more goods than a business man with an income of $20,000

What? If a person with a salary of 2000 spends 1500 per month they pay 315 in IVA, while a businessman who makes 20,000 will spend maybe 15,000 and pay 3150 in IVA. Clearly the businessman paid more in IVA.

What suprises me is that you attacked Fedecc and he was supporting your stance, that IVA hurts poor workers because for them that 351 that they paid in IVA could be used to pay for more food, or new clothes, or school for their children.

In my opinion, I think IVA needs to be dramatically lower for low income persons, but that is just my opinion.

And outsourcing can be good for a country, it can provide jobs, as it does here in Argentina. This will of course create an argument about whether call center jobs are good or just continue in the vicious cycle of the global "south" at the service of the "north".

Obviously Vikingo is just spouting typical propaganda heard previously without understanding it.

BTW Vikingo - should I ask my programmers, who I pay more than any other Argentine company pays (as far as they ahve encountered, at any rate - and as much as 100% more for the same job - they are woefully underpaid), if I should pack up and go home? I don't think they are going to like that thought very much.

If you think of your country as a "banana country" and yourself as an employee of said country (even if only in relation to those who are trying to "take advantage of you" by employing you at lower wages than they pay i your country), you'll never get ahead.

If you think of your country as I do - a country where the technical education is reasonably good and provides decently trained workers at a price that is better than I can get in the US, you'll find that Argentina actually has something besides agriculture to sell to the the world and us gringos who come here to hire labor that is cheaper than what we pay in the US are bringing jobs to your country, and an influx of money and tax revenue for your government.

After all, if Argentina charged more for their labor than in my country - I WOULDN'T BE HERE (at least not as an employer). Simple economics, which many here seem to have a hard time grasping.

Frankly, who would want to do business in a developing country unless there was an economic incentive?

In my opinion, getting things done in the US is much easier than in Argentina. I speak from hard-earned experience - until five years ago I kept homes in both countries, and the difference was striking.

I'm retired and enjoy living in Argentina, but I wouldn't want to do business here - too complicated.

LOL - as El Queso said, maybe I should close up the company and go home. Not that my employees would enjoy losing their jobs. Nor I'm sure would the government enjoy losing the tax revenue they get.

What is it I'm supposed to be apologizing for again? Taking advantage of my employees? Or not loving my country? Or have I committed some other sin that I'm sure you will educate me on.

Oh & I'm really glad you "checked with others and they feel the same way".

Let me ask you - we're putting money into the economy, paying taxes, employing workers, paying good salaries, supporting local businesses. What are you doing?

And uh..news flash - of course there is an economic advantage to being here. If there wasn't - why the hell would we be here? Simple economics. We didn't start the company here because of the ease of doing business:rolleyes:

Frankly, who would want to do business in a developing country unless there was an economic incentive?

Many people! Developing countries have the most room to grow because they are developing and moving up in the world. Multinational companies realize this and exploit this opportunity to enter in an emerging market to grow with the country. If you can find a niche that is not filled in a developing country, your business can grow exponentially just like in a developed country...

That's exactly my point - people do business in developing countries because there are economic advantages in doing so.

GuilleGee said:
Many people! Developing countries have the most room to grow because they are developing and moving up in the world. Multinational companies realize this and exploit this opportunity to enter in an emerging market to grow with the country. If you can find a niche that is not filled in a developing country, your business can grow exponentially just like in a developed country...

Back